Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change pipe line type with invert level

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
chrissumner
5231 Views, 8 Replies

Change pipe line type with invert level

Ive been told i can use filters to change a pipes linetype by invert level but cant figure out how it works. I'd like to set up a filter so pipes shown below the floor are hidden (below level 0), at low level (from level 0 to 2400) are solid and at high level(from 2400-slab) are a centre line. I know there's an overhead linetype but its too similar to the hidden.

Ive looked through the filters and cant see an option to filter by invert level?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
gookeeper
in reply to: chrissumner

I Chrissumer

i hope the images explain what you need to know. think its invert elevation your after.

Cheers

Guy

Message 3 of 9
chrissumner
in reply to: gookeeper

Thankyou for taking the time to provide screenshots, the solutions works 100%

Message 4 of 9
mardon85
in reply to: chrissumner

Bringing this one back from the dead! I have got this working but on anything other than the ground floor the line type reverts back to solid line. Is there any way this can be filtered by offset instead?
Message 5 of 9
apjones
in reply to: mardon85

I am not an MEP expert, but isn't this what the view range and the beyond line type are for?

Pete

>Please Accept as Solution and give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 9
mardon85
in reply to: apjones

This is nearly a solution but we have a different line type for pipes at "High Level" or "In Ceiling Void" they could potentially be at the exact same height but one would be exposed the other not. The view filter is pretty much the solution and works perfectly on the ground floor but doesn't function on higher floors as the Invert Elevation is always tracked from 00 - ground floor level. The work round I have gone for is all pipes to default to the "In Ceiling Grid" line type (As this is most common) with an override as an instance parameter for "At Low Level" or "At High Level" the less commonly used options. This check box activates an overriding view filter. Below ground works perfectly as I just set a filter to display this line type when below "0" Invert Elevation.
Message 7 of 9
gookeeper

Look like you need to create a filter for each floor level

Guy Smith
Cad Manager

Sent for and on behalf of Cunnington Clark Ltd

35 Priestate Peterborough PE1 1JL Tel: 01733 898010
[Description: Description: Description: CunningtonClark]

Cunnington Clark is committed to reducing waste. Please consider what you do with this email and do not print it unnecessarily. Thank you.
Email is an informal method of communication and we can accept no responsibility for any loss arising from the information or any corruption or inaccuracies that may be contained within. Views expressed in this email are not those of the company, unless expressly stated. If you wish for the information to be verified formally, please let us know. We scan all of our outgoing emails but cannot guarantee they are free from viruses and we recommend that you check before downloading any attachments. This email, and any associated attachments are intended for the express use of the recipients and may contain confidential, privileged and non-disclosable information. If you are not the intended recipient and receive this message and any attachments, please do not read, copy, transmit, disclose or otherwise use any of them (or part of them) in any way. Please erase the message and any attachments from your equipment and inform us immediately so that we can correct the error.
Message 8 of 9
jonathanp

I know this is a really old thread but I am running into a similar issue with linetypes for different levels of pipework. This seems like a really solid way of getting things how I need to show them on drawings without having to set up lots of filters for each level, and also getting over the issue where ceilings could be at different levels.

Could you explain in a little more detail how you set an override as an instance parameter for pipework please? I'm trying to work through it myself but struggling a little at the moment. (I'm quite new to Revit!)

Cheers

Jon

Message 9 of 9
jonathanp
in reply to: jonathanp

It's okay, I think I've sussed it now, use Manage, Project Parameters for set up the instances. Then filters for each instance.

It's not ideal, but until you can set up a filter using offset rather than invert elevation it's the best solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report