Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change name of shared parameter in txt file?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cadmancan
589 Views, 5 Replies

Change name of shared parameter in txt file?

Starting brand new project.  Would like to change the name of some shared parameters within my txt file.  As far as I know you cant chnage the name once its established witin Revit (unless theres a third party app).  Would there be any issue withi this?  Utimately I am pushing these parameters into new geometry and I would like them to better conform to a standard for a particular customer.  I rennamed JUST the parameter name and it seemed to work ok.  I know this isnt the most ideal but I would rather not re-create several shared parameters.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
lrtuss
in reply to: cadmancan

Any family that had the parameter in it will not work with the new spelling. Tends to make Revit crash.

Message 3 of 6
cadmancan
in reply to: lrtuss

But if I havent pushed the parameters into any families yet, it would be ok?  Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: cadmancan

It will use the same ID, so you can't use in anywhere where the previously named Shared Parameter exists. As long as you haven't used the Shared Parameters anywhere, it should be fine. Otherwise, I would recommend recreating the parameters. I've gone through that twice, now, in radically reforming a few of our techniques.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 6
thecadmancan
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank you for your input.  That helps alot

Message 6 of 6
adam.jw
in reply to: thecadmancan

Try this handy little tool out (free):

http://openrevit.com/2011/08/spwriter-v020/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report