Hi, i'm a newbie in revit. I'm using revit achitecture 2013. I need to convert wall/hosted family into face based ones. Please guide me step by step to do this. I tried it but I seem to fail on the copy/monitor step because i cannot grab the families on my dummy link.
Thank you so much.
The fastest method is to use Batch Copy to Copy/Monitor all of the fixtures at once, which I will walk you through here. The following assumes that you have already linked the 'dummy' project into a new project.
1. Go to Collaborate tab » Copy Monitor ▼ Select Link, and then click on the linked Revit Model.
2. Click on "Coordination Settings", which is located on the ribbon.
3 In the following dialog, select the appropriate Category(ies) on the left.
4. Then, on the right, change 'Copy Behavior' to "Allow batch copy", and click 'Save & Close'.
5. Now click on "Batch Copy", which is located on the ribbon.
6. A message titled "Fixtures Found" will appear; just click "Copy the Fixtures."
7. Another message should follow regarding the Levels; just click "Continue Copying fixtures."
8. It should Revit a moment to process this, but then click on "Finish" on the Ribbon to finalize the process.
Welcome to the Autodesk forums, jmee6979!
Feel free to post any questions you may have! There are many experienced users here who generously contribute their time and effort to supporting
their peers. This is an open, peer-supported forum, so feel free to contribute any useful information or experiences to any of the topics you see here.
We hope you'll stick around a while and help strengthen the value of this community!
Be sure to review the Ground Rules, visit the FAQ Forum, and use the Search feature prior to posting a question, as it's likely been asked before.
Hi Cory! Thank you for your detailed response. Appreciate it. However, I'm lost after the first step. I didn't find the coordination settings on the ribbon. What I found on the riboon after clicking the revit link are the copy/monitor modify tools.
Help?! Thanks again.
I know you said that you're using Revit Architecture 2013, but I only have MEP and can't really verify this. I thought that they might be similar enough, but apparently not. Perhaps the best course of action is to post a question about C/M in the Revit Architecture forum.
I just found this procedure in a blog post yesterday. Works great!
I wanted to ad that if you have a windows family that you want to convert you will have problems with described method. You simply can not select a wallbased family of the window category with copy monitor.
If you set the category to an Electrical Fixture family you can select the family and the described method works great.
After the conversion to face based you can set the category back to window.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.