Revit MEP

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 11 of 18 (1,377 Views)

Re: Change Family Host Type

01-16-2012 12:05 PM in reply to: Magzilla

Once you export or save the new family to a file, you can load it in any project you like.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
jmee6979
Message 12 of 18 (876 Views)

03-11-2013 03:36 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Hi, i'm a newbie in revit. I'm using revit achitecture 2013. I need to convert wall/hosted family into face based ones. Please guide me step by step to do this. I tried it but I seem to fail on the copy/monitor step because i cannot grab the families on my dummy link.

help???

Thank you so much.

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 13 of 18 (870 Views)

03-11-2013 05:52 AM in reply to: jmee6979

The fastest method is to use Batch Copy to Copy/Monitor all of the fixtures at once, which I will walk you through here. The following assumes that you have already linked the 'dummy' project into a new project.

1. Go to Collaborate tab » Copy Monitor ▼ Select Link, and then click on the linked Revit Model.

2. Click on "Coordination Settings", which is located on the ribbon.

3 In the following dialog, select the appropriate Category(ies) on the left.

4. Then, on the right, change 'Copy Behavior' to "Allow batch copy", and click 'Save & Close'.

5. Now click on "Batch Copy", which is located on the ribbon.

6. A message titled "Fixtures Found" will appear; just click "Copy the Fixtures."

7. Another message should follow regarding the Levels; just click "Continue Copying fixtures."

8. It should Revit a moment to process this, but then click on "Finish" on the Ribbon to finalize the process.

⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗
Welcome to the Autodesk forums, jmee6979!
Feel free to post any questions you may have! There are many experienced users here who generously contribute their time and effort to supporting
their peers. This is an open, peer-supported forum, so feel free to contribute any useful information or experiences to any of the topics you see here.
We hope you'll stick around a while and help strengthen the value of this community!
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Be sure to review the Ground Rules, visit the FAQ Forum, and use the Search feature prior to posting a question, as it's likely been asked before.
⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
jmee6979
Message 14 of 18 (849 Views)

03-12-2013 07:07 PM in reply to: CADastrophe

Hi Cory! Thank you for your detailed response. Appreciate it. However, I'm lost after the first step. :smileysad: I didn't find the coordination settings on the ribbon. What I found on the riboon after clicking the revit link are the copy/monitor modify tools.

Help?! Thanks again. :smileyhappy:

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 15 of 18 (834 Views)

03-13-2013 06:09 AM in reply to: jmee6979
I know you said that you're using Revit Architecture 2013, but I only have MEP and can't really verify this. I thought that they might be similar enough, but apparently not. Perhaps the best course of action is to post a question about C/M in the Revit Architecture forum.
Valued Contributor
tkendrick
Message 16 of 18 (788 Views)

03-27-2013 09:52 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Kudos!

I just found this procedure in a blog post yesterday. Works great!

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
Active Contributor
CrazedEngineer
Message 17 of 18 (687 Views)

07-08-2013 03:07 PM in reply to: CADastrophe

Awesome!  The copy/monitor worked great! 

Beltman-SvG
Message 18 of 18 (79 Views)

10-16-2014 07:48 AM in reply to: CrazedEngineer

I wanted to ad that if you have a windows family that you want to convert you will have problems with described method. You simply can not select a wallbased family of the window category with copy monitor.

If you set the category to an Electrical Fixture family you can select the family and the described method works great.

After the conversion to face based you can set the category back to window.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.