Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFM passing thru VAV box from one connector to the next

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1036 Views, 3 Replies

CFM passing thru VAV box from one connector to the next

I'm having trouble getting the cfm total downstream of a vav box to pass thru to the inlet side (upstream) of my vav boxes. I know this used to work, but for some reason it has stopped. I can get the flow to show up on the vav box but when I select the upstream duct, the cfm reads 0. I'm using out of the box families. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jason.martin
in reply to: Anonymous

Make sure that the flow parameter on the "inlet" connector is mapped to the same flow parameter as the flow parameter on the "output" connector. Also make sure that the flow parameter on the "inlet" is set to Preset.

jason
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Worked great. Thanks Jason. I had seen how the families needed to be set up to get the flow to transfer thru the family in a video a few months back. But I searched for the video and could not find it. Thanks again.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Well, I have no idea what has happened but the same issue has risen. My vav box still doesn't grab the airflow calculation from my attached diffusers. Sometimes even the duct properties reads that it has an aiflow of zero. I know it worked for a day or so. But now the duct will read the correct cfm about 75% of the time and the vav box does not at all. I'll try to attach my vav box modeled after a Titus single duct unit to see if anybody wants to take a crack at it. And I don't discount the fact that I'm new at this so it's more than likely user error.

Thanks for the help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report