Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

certain parameter for showing size on schedule

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
256 Views, 3 Replies

certain parameter for showing size on schedule

So here is my problem. I have insterted muliple points on a floor plan for layout in the field using a Trimble Robotic Total Station. Those points, are modeled to look like Hilti Sleeves. These sleeves range in size from 6 to 2 inches. They are for pipes to go through. after the concrete flooring is poured. there is a Diameter box in the dimensions section on the properties pallet. but i can not insert that to show up on the pipe accessory schedule. How would I go about editing this family to make the size of sleeve show up on a schedule? I have attached the family in hopes that I can get some advice on how to make this happen. I have already added the second size parameter...that did not work so well for me. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

For a parameter to be available to be scheduled it has to be a "shared parameter".

Parameter.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

Yes, 

that is definately a step in the right direction. How would one go about adding a formula in that particular parameter to take information from the diameter parameter that is already associated with that fmaily? Or would one just manipulate the existing parameter?

Thanks, 

- Bil

Message 4 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

You can modify an existing parameter and replace it with another one. So you can replace the family parameter with a shared one. Take note that they both a have to be of the same type (e.g. you can not replace a number type parameter with an integer type parameter)

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report