Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ceiling hosted lighting

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
203 Views, 7 Replies

ceiling hosted lighting

can anyone advise what are the other ways to put hosted lighting into the ceiling on link revit file? because no matter how I try to put lighting it doesn't stick? plz help cheers.....
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Make a Ceiling Plan instead of a floor plan and I think your troubles will be over. Also you may need to Copy/Monitor from the link making sure that the copy ceilings/windows/doors box is ticked if you haven't done this already.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Since when can we copy ceilings? The check box is windows/doors/openings.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks for the correction,
However, I'm sure if Jay makes a ceiling plan he will be able to host to it.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

hi guys, thank for the advise, but already done that. I make a ceiling plan but still deos not work, because it is a link file and in copy monitor there is no selection for ceiling, why autodesk did not include this on the selection maybe they forget? oh what a mess. can autodesk issue an update for this
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

You need to make or use light fittings which are not ceiling based. I have read other entries in the discussion group and also checked my Lighting Fixtures which are not ceiling based. I guess ceiling based templates are used when you draw your own Architectural. Anyhow enough from me I am getting in over my head. Good luck Jay.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Use sufface based families with a linked file.
Place them on a face.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

yup using surface based lighting is another option but you canoot create an opening for it , it will read as clashing when you run interference check. anyway i think I just have to post it on the wish list , thanks for the advice guys! cheers! ....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report