Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Category Exceptions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
230 Views, 3 Replies

Category Exceptions

I have an issue with wanting to place a lighting fixture on a power sheet in our elevator pit. Is there a way that you can make one device or fixture visible when the category is turned off in the VG? This would be nice for switched receptacles as well.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
margaretwiggins
in reply to: Anonymous

Not that I am aware of. For items like this we use a workset for shared power and lighting.....like for lighting and receptacle panels.
Message 3 of 4
bcaudill

You need to use worksets.

An option would be to put ALL Lighting information on a LIGHTING workset. All Power information on a POWER workset. Then you could turn "Lighting Fixtures" model category ON in your power view (current POWER workset on), and turn OFF the entire LIGHTING workset. Thus only lighting fixtures on your POWER workset will show.

Then vice versa for switched receptacles. Turn OFF your Power Workset in your lighting view, but turn ON the Electrical Fixture Category.

Hope that helps.
Message 4 of 4
Martin__Schmid

You could do this using a project parameter on your lighting fixtures.

Create the Project Parameter as a yes/no param associated with lighting fixtures ; you could call it something like "Show On Power Views"
Then, create view filters, one that captures 'YES' for this param, and one that captures 'NO'
In your power views, leave the lighting category on, but use the filter to hide the 'NO' lights.
In your lighting views, use the filter to hide the 'YES' lights.

This is a bit more setup than using a workset as others recommended, but is a bit more 'foolproof'... i.e., the user doesn't need to worry about working in the proper workset, or having the proper worksets hidden/shown in a view, etc... And they can create a schedule showing this param to easily verify that the lights have this setting set as expected, instead of having to manually search the drawing and tweak the workset of the lighting fixtures.

The same concept can be used for a variety of scenarios, i.e., making Mechanical Equipment requiring power visible on power plans, and hiding the equipment that does NOT require power, etc...

Cheers-
MS

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report