Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant see anything have exported IFC file from CAD Duct opened in Revit 2013

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
bluelion
1421 Views, 7 Replies

Cant see anything have exported IFC file from CAD Duct opened in Revit 2013

Have exported from Fabrication MEP from Auto CAD (A.K.A CAD DUCT) to an IFC file. It can be opened in Revit MEP 2013 although NOT Revit 2013.

Any Ideas? 

Todd Barry (Mechanical Design Engineer)

Sydney, Australia
Mob: 0438 479 967

E: tbarry@fredon.com.au or toddbarry7@gmail.com

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bluelion

Strange. Can you open the file in Revit MEP 2013, save it as a Project file, and then open that Project it in Revit 2013?
Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 8
bluelion
in reply to: CoreyDaun

No mate have not tried that. All we have is Revit 2013 its a complete package with Architectural, Structural and MEP in the one package.

How do I open it in Revit 2013 MEP? Do I need any new software?

Sydney, Australia

Message 4 of 8
CoreyDaun

bluelion wrote:

"No mate have not tried that. All we have is Revit 2013 its a complete package with Architectural, Structural and MEP in the one package.

How do I open it in Revit 2013 MEP? Do I need any new software?"

Below is what you stated in your original post - how did you discover that it could be opened in Revit MEP 2013 if you do not have it?

bluelion wrote:

"...It can be opened in Revit MEP 2013 although NOT Revit 2013."

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 8
bluelion
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Sorry it should say Revit Mep 2012 lol

Sydney, Australia

Message 6 of 8
CoreyDaun

Ah! That makes more sense but unfortunately, I still cannot supply an answer to the "why". But, can you open the IFC in Revit MEP 2012 and then open that file in Revit 2013? This will automatically upgrade the Project. There are a few scattered reports about issues/bugs resulting from upgrading a Project, but as far as I've heard, they have affected existing Revit Elements, and probably won't matter at all for this.

Message 7 of 8
tim.winnington

Todd,

Depending on what you are trying to achieve with the process.  If you are trying to create an intelligent model both options are going to have issues.  It has been a while since I played with the process but much of the information will not transfer from Fabricaiton to Revit via IFC.

If you are just trying to obtain a model there is an exporter available on labs which will export your Fabrication to Revit but will not convert to Revit objects it gives geometry only.

Forum post on the addin : http://autodesk.typepad.com/fabrication/2012/08/taking-fabrication-fabmep-models-into-revit.html

Labs Link: http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/revit_fabmep/

The labs addin is only supported till march which may imply some development in this area with the new release.

Message 8 of 8
bluelion
in reply to: tim.winnington

Thanks Tim,

The export to revit from fabrication is only for coordination / presentation as far as I am aware. Will try the add-in when I get back to work tomorrow fingers crossed.

Thanks,

Sydney, Australia

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report