Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use decimal in pipe size

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Jrobker
439 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot use decimal in pipe size

FWIW This was never a problem before with this project.
I'm back in this older project doing CA answering and doing ASI's.
If I change a pipe size I cannot use a decimal in either the properties pallete or the options bar. It will result in a crash.-->Here is the video Yep...caught in the act!
I can use the pull down and select from the list and choose a size that way.

When I start a new project I don't have this issue. This is an isolated project incident.

The only difference between now and then (when it wasn't an issue) was I have received a new machine.
I have updated all of the versions of Revit and Acad with the latest updates.
I have rolled back my Microsoft.NET to 4.0
I have set all of my settings up identical as was previous.

Ideas?

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Jrobker

Nice! Have you opened a Support Case? I'm sure that they'd very much like to see such a file as a sample.

Is it prompted by the period exclusively, or would some other character like a comma kill it too?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
Jrobker
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I have a case open with Adesk as of this morning.

I felt like taking a 30 minute break to re-open the file, so I tested the comma possibility.

The comma doesn't crash. It just doesn't allow any input and defaults to the previous size.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 4 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Jrobker

I understand that this is happening in a new computer. Have you tried changing settings in the Options dialog box such as hardware acceleration and others?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5
Jrobker
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

@Alfredo_Medina wrote:

I understand that this is happening in a new computer. Have you tried changing settings in the Options dialog box such as hardware acceleration and others?

Yes I did look at that.

I have closed the case with Adesk.

The issue was central file user permission rights.

If you notice on my screen capture video the ribbon changes from modify to collaborate as it crashes.

I have no idea how it happened. I was the only one working in the project, my revit username is the same.

I had to audit and recreate the central file.

Everything works fine now.

Thanks for your input.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report