Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot select an object once I placed it

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
auto99
1978 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot select an object once I placed it

See attached

...the note was cut from the attachment. But here it is below.

"To delete it, I have to undo several times." Edited by: auto99 on Sep 29, 2009 3:51 PM
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
simon.whitbread
in reply to: auto99

There could be several reasons, major ones being:

DISCPLINE of the view. If this is set to anything other than Architectural or Coordination, the building model is shown as halftone and is partially transparent. If there is an object in the linked file "over" the top of your family, you won't be able to select it. To check this, change the view properties discipline to Architectural or Coordination. If you then cannot see your JB, that may be the problem.

DESIGN OPTIONS. If someone is using Design Options on your project and the JB is on a design option you are not editing, you won't be able to select it. (normally it would also be greyed out)

Selection could be achived by:

Changing your view:
Discipline
to Wireframe
using a Selection Window

hth

Simon
Message 3 of 5
auto99

I believe it has something to do with proper HOSTING. I probably created a junction box from a symbol that is wall hosted. So if I attached it to a wall it selects it but not if I place it anywhere.

But I do not know how to change the hosting for example of a floor receptacle that I created from a regular wall hosted receptacle. I keep on trying to place it on the floor at the center of a conference table. But it cannot be selected to add it to a circuit because it is floating in the middle and not hosted on the wall. So I tried Place on Work Plane and Place on Face which does not do any good.

Can I make it UNHOSTED so it will be easier to manage and I can place it anywhere? Edited by: auto99 on Sep 29, 2009 5:18 PM
Message 4 of 5
aacorley

Change your view to wireframe. To do this, click the second icon to the right of the scale at the bottom of the screen. Then try to select the object.
Message 5 of 5
fishandchips47

I believe the answer to unhosting a family is NO. The smart money is on creating a general type first, then nesting that one in a hosted version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report