Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot dimension to the wall.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
LynR
1169 Views, 3 Replies

cannot dimension to the wall.

I am trying to add dimensions from the conduit to the face of the wall. Although I have "wall faces" selected it will not always recognise the wall. Sometimes it will put in a dimension but when I look at it closely it is not on the face but inside,other times it just does not recognise anything and then others work fine. I've tried exporting to autocad which makes the dimensioning a whole lot easier but some of the dimensions are not the same, out by as much as 1/4" (rounding off to 1/8"). These dimensions are important as we have very limited space so any help will be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: LynR

There may be other valid anchors for the Dimension which are of a higher priority for selection for whatever reason, possibly the elevation of the elements. If you hover the cursor over the desired face and hit TAB (prior to clicking), does it eventually cycle the highlighted elements to the wall face? If so, perhaps you can use the Temporary Hide/Isolate tool to hide the other Categories that are cluttering your View.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
LynR

I tried this out and again it was a case of sometimes it would work and
other times the dimensions is coming out ?? different to the cad file
dimension.

Nelson Electric Co., Inc.
1410 Freeport Blvd. / Sparks, NV 89431
775-358-0643 p / 775-358-0674 f
lyndar@nelsonelectric.net

Celebrating 40 Years of Success / Since 1972
Message 4 of 4
paciah

I know this is so old, but I just had a similar problem. Dimensions just wouldn't recognize my wall. I had a CAD background in the plan and I turned it off temporarily, and then the dimensioning worked fine. Thanks Corey D.!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report