Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see ceiling patterns

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
43862 Views, 21 Replies

Can't see ceiling patterns

My problem is I have a view in which the ceiling patterns will not show up.

I have a reflected ceiling plan in which I can select ceilings by clicking their borders, so for all intents and purposes I have my view settings correct (I think).  The view discipline is Mechanical.  The ceiling type is a 2x4 acoustic tile (the pattern shows up in a separate lighting plan).  I've tried making a view template from said lighting plan and applying it to the mechanical plan, but to no avail.

What am I missing here?  Using Revit MEP 2012, btw.

Thanks in advance.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
asommer
in reply to: Anonymous

Look in the View Properties... Underlay Orientation should be Reflected Ceiling Plan.

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: asommer

Thanks for that!  Exactly what I needed 🙂

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous

I'm have a simliar problem. I believe I've followed the correct steps but no dice. I'm trying to get the ceiling plan to show up on my mechanical Floor Plans. The ceiling plan is from a linked architectural file. On the RCP, the ceiling shows up as expected. When I set the Underlay to the associated level, and the Underlay Orientation to RCP, I still do not see the ceiling pattern. I've checked the view ranges. Ceilings are turned on in VG. I'm baffled and frustrated. Any clues would be great!

View Range

Top: Associated level 12' 6"

Cut plane: Associated level 4' 0" (need to see walls, windows, doors)

Bottom: Associated level 0' 0"

View Depth: Associated level 0' 0"

Message 5 of 22
abulla

Getting the ceiling grid to show up on a floor plan has always been an issue. Try either using a reflected ceiling plan, or using a separate ceiling plan with only ceilings visible and overlaying that onto your floor plan on the sheet.

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: abulla

Thanks for your reply. I tried creating another RCP only showing the ceiling, which worked as expected, and then underlaying this onto the plan but still no success. Argh Revit!!

Message 7 of 22
puya.hadizadeh

Under view range set the view depth to unlimited. 

cieling view.JPG

Message 8 of 22

I am having a similar problem. I have checked everything that is suggested in this post and everything I can think of. Why are the lights visible and not the grid that they are in?

Message 9 of 22
ToanDN
in reply to: bdawsonC9Z7Q

Ceilings category is off?
Ceiling surface pattern is off?
Message 10 of 22
bdawsonC9Z7Q
in reply to: ToanDN

Ceilings are on from Arch. Revit link. Where would I find the Ceiling surface pattern?

Message 11 of 22
bdawsonC9Z7Q

Is this what you were referring to? (Ceiling surface pattern)

Message 12 of 22
ToanDN

VG > Ceilings.  Make sure the Ceilings box is ticked, and the Surface pattern box is NOT overridden.

Message 13 of 22
ToanDN

Click on the plus sign below the link to see the link instance, and if it has the same settings as you show for the link master.

Message 14 of 22
bdawsonC9Z7Q

I think that it is.

Message 15 of 22
megan

Underlay Orientation = Look up

Message 16 of 22
agarcesK2TR2
in reply to: megan

I did in Underlay following setting

Range: Base level None

Range Top level Unbounded 

Underlay Orientation Look up

Did not work!

Message 17 of 22
agarcesK2TR2

I had tried but!

Still without view the ceiling

Message 18 of 22
n.w
Observer

I have same problem, the ceiling layout is not showing up from interior design linked revit file.

The work around for me is to export to ceiling plan to dwg file and link it as that.

Message 19 of 22
adveencha

Solved:

The above solutions didn't work for me. After a bit of frustration I realized that my ceilings were painted with a material that has no hatch.

Message 20 of 22
divyankdiwakar70

Guys, goto View/visibility graphics/ceiling/pattern ->crosshatch & color  -> black/ APPLY/ OK .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report