Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN'T OPEN MODEL!!

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
CarrieHoffman02
2340 Views, 7 Replies

CAN'T OPEN MODEL!!

We have a worksharing issue. I couldn't copy some duct in the model because a co-worked "owned" it. The error says "Can't edit the element unitl jfranklin resaves the element to central and relinquishes it and you reload latest"....Both of us synced back to the central and relinquished everything, closed the model and now we can't open it back! We hit cancel (because we can't hit ok or relinquish) on the error and then it says load cancelled. We are able to place a request and the other computer would get it, but we couldn't do anything with it. Any ideas

Carrie

I have attached a snippit of the error on both computers

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

Did you try to create a new local file?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 8
CarrieHoffman02
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I was just coming to delete the post. Still can't figure out what happened. Talking to support we decided to detach from central and re-create the central and worksharing. It works as of now. I couldn't open my local file or a new local file from the central. It is fixed now. That is all that mattters

Message 4 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

That was going to be my next suggestion...

And there's no reason to delete the post - it's better to provide the solution you used so that others can learn.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 8

Hi,

We are having a similar problem, but with slight twist.

I have been working on a version of Revit MEP 2013 where the open function does not work (not the icon or the drop down menu). This creates problems when working as to open the file the central model has to be opened from the windows directory. I am then working in the central file. I save and create a new local file (somehow this happened and I am not sure how).

The problem: This local file has now become corrupt (?!) as it will not synchronise with the central and it will not reliquish. It will open but it won't save.

How can I now create a new local file with all modelling information from my last file and the file of my co-reviter!?

Many thanks - Naomi.  (Revit Newbie!)

Message 6 of 8

I'm not using 2013 yet but my best guess would be to see if you can "Save As" a new project (in the save dialog box, hit options and make sure save as central model is NOT checked). If it lets you do that, then try to sync back to the central file. 

Hope that helps!

Message 7 of 8

Hi Carrie,

Thanks for your response, but unfourtunately although I can save as another name, I still can't synchronise or relinquish, which I don't understand!

Message 8 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: d.degrussa

d.degrussa wrote:

"I have been working on a version of Revit MEP 2013 where the open function does not work (not the icon or the drop down menu)..."

You mentioned that the Open function doesn't work, which is strange. Can you elaborate on this? Do you receive an error message?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report