Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Make Type error while inserting type

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
revitese
894 Views, 2 Replies

Can't Make Type error while inserting type

I've made a basic hot water tank family covering various brands and models. This was originally an A. O. Smith BT family that I simplified to include more variety and some new parameters. Unfortunately, when I try to load the family into a project, only one of the types work. I have looked through all the parameters and I cannot find what works with the A. O. Smith BT-80 that is not working in the other types. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Revit 2014
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lrtuss
in reply to: revitese

I get an error that is referencing the Electrical Connector Load Parameter. On the family side the Load Classification Parameter "value" is empty. It looks as though you set up a HOT WATER Load and entered this "HOT WATER" for the type that works. I removed the "Load Classification" parameter and no more error.

Message 3 of 3
revitese
in reply to: revitese

Thank you! I had actually figured this out and fixed the problem myself but I had not yet gotten around to commenting here. I found Revit's Journals to be very helpful here.

For anyone stumbling across this: Revit records absolutely everything it does while it's running. This means that if you have an error that says something vague like "Can't make type" but you do not know why, here is where to find a more specific reason for the error.

Revit 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report