I've made a basic hot water tank family covering various brands and models. This was originally an A. O. Smith BT family that I simplified to include more variety and some new parameters. Unfortunately, when I try to load the family into a project, only one of the types work. I have looked through all the parameters and I cannot find what works with the A. O. Smith BT-80 that is not working in the other types. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I get an error that is referencing the Electrical Connector Load Parameter. On the family side the Load Classification Parameter "value" is empty. It looks as though you set up a HOT WATER Load and entered this "HOT WATER" for the type that works. I removed the "Load Classification" parameter and no more error.
Thank you! I had actually figured this out and fixed the problem myself but I had not yet gotten around to commenting here. I found Revit's Journals to be very helpful here.
For anyone stumbling across this: Revit records absolutely everything it does while it's running. This means that if you have an error that says something vague like "Can't make type" but you do not know why, here is where to find a more specific reason for the error.