Revit MEP

Valued Mentor
julianjameson8403
Message 11 of 24 (588 Views)

Re: Can't Get Project Browser Back-PERIOD

09-18-2012 09:23 AM in reply to: ghardy

Once bound you can then "explode" the link and start working on it. There will undoubtedly be additional issues that this will cause - Copy/Monitored elements, unhosting of elements, etc.

However it sounds like compared to the potential loss, these PITA issues will be less of a problem.

Good Luck!

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
ghardy
Message 12 of 24 (575 Views)

09-18-2012 09:41 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Yes I have tried the whole troubleshooting steps on 3 different machines.

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 13 of 24 (574 Views)

09-18-2012 09:44 AM in reply to: ghardy

I figured as much.

FYI - I posted this issue on AUGI for you before I read that you were a mod there!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
ghardy
Message 14 of 24 (571 Views)

09-18-2012 09:52 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Well thank you! i appreciate it, i already hooked you up with the Kudos. And if the Binding is the only way to get it done. Then I will do it. I will puit it as the accepted solution once it works and if it does not work. Then I will post it up here.

Once again, Thanks for all your help guys.

office5280
Message 15 of 24 (515 Views)

11-20-2012 09:52 AM in reply to: ghardy

I have this problem narrowed down to a specific file. (attached). No matter how I open this family, from inside the project, or by opening and auditing, I cannot get the project browser to appear. So far it has not affected any other families, or projects, but I live in fear. Attached are screenshots. The project broswer that does appear is from the project the family was opened from. 

Any ideas? At this point I have reset both the properties pallate, the project browser registry keys, reset the UIstate.dat file. and no changes. Other computers in our office have the same problem with the family, but not with other families in the project. 

I am using windows 7, latest build of REVIT 2013, wacom intous 5 tablet. 

office5280
Message 16 of 24 (512 Views)

11-20-2012 09:56 AM in reply to: ghardy

I did find a workaround that will work in a pinch, but is not a permanent solution. 

right-click on a piece in a 3-d view, then choos "find referring views" This will give you a list of available 2d views you can jump too. 

Still not a good solution...

Active Contributor
casquatch
Message 17 of 24 (257 Views)

10-21-2013 11:03 AM in reply to: julianjameson8403

Hello,

Sorry to bring this one back from the dead but we are having this issue in a brand new 2014 project. I'm wondering if anyone found a solution? As I said the project is new from a template with a few things done in it so far.

I would like to know if it is a family we have in our template or if there was another solution.

Thanks for any help!

Casey

ghardy
Message 18 of 24 (253 Views)

10-21-2013 11:59 AM in reply to: julianjameson8403
Hello Casey,
You already went to the "View" tab and went to user interface and made sure that the "Project Browser" and "Properties Dialog" were checked so that it appears. MY file was corrupted and I haven't seen that issue since like 2011 Revit MEP. Hopefully this helps. If not you can contact me and maybe I can help. I was able to save that last project.

Garrett Hardy
BIM Manager
Direct: 713.866-8525
ghardy@bdmi-ce.com

[cid:image001.jpg@01CECE65.BC87FAD0]
320 Westcott Suite 100
Houston, TX 77007
Main: 713.861.3016
Fax: 713.861.3067
www.bdmi-ce.com:http:smileyembarrassed::http:smileyembarrassed:

Be Eco-friendly - Please consider the environment before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender immediately and be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, we would appreciate your alerting us by calling the message sender at (713) 861-3016, and deleting it from your system.

All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure that no viruses are present in our email to you. It is the recipient's responsibility to ensure that this email and any attachments are free from any virus or defect that might negatively affect the recipient's computer system, and no responsibility is accepted for loss or damage arising from the use of this email and/or attachments.
Garrett_hardy
Message 19 of 24 (249 Views)

10-21-2013 12:06 PM in reply to: ghardy

Sorry for my last message. Was seeing if the "replying by email" works. I know the question I asked is a very basic one. I just wanted to check this first before moving forward. So if you check and it is checked and still now showing. Let me know and we can start trying to find out where it is coming from.

Active Contributor
casquatch
Message 20 of 24 (239 Views)

10-21-2013 12:51 PM in reply to: Garrett_hardy
Garrett,

I have played around with it, tried to toggle the browser on/off. I opened another project like described above, saw the browser, switched windows and it was there but frozen as the other project with no functionality.

At the time it wouldn't even check the box on or off, so it is not missing off the screen, it just won't turn on.

The project was new enough that barely anything was done to it, so I just created a new one and let the users go from there. They didn't have time to let me dig further.

I'd like to find a solution in case this wasn't an isolated issue.

Thanks for the help!
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.