Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get fittings to hide in View Depth

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bnearl
344 Views, 2 Replies

Can't get fittings to hide in View Depth

Hey All,

I'm using REVIT MEP 2013. We have the Architectural model linked in, which shows the plumbing fixtures that we'd like to see.

What we're trying to do is have 2 views per floor that show a low level view (carriers, floor drains and chaseway plumbing) and a high level view (ceiling space plumbing and venting). What we have now is just two views where the low level view range is cut at 4', top is at 7' and bottom/view depth is at 0'. The high level is set to cut at 8', top at level above and bottom/view depth at 7'. What we can't see at the high level is the doorways at 4', plumbing fixtures from the arch model (lavs, WC's, drains).

I did some reading about view depth and bottom view and <beyond> linetype and found that I can set the linetype of elements between bottom and view depth to be hidden so I can still see the architectural stuff at that level. The problem is that it only seems to hide the pipes, but the fittings and MEP plumbing fixtures still show up.

It would be perfect if I could see the fixtures that are in the linked architectural model and hide all the MEP items in that lower view range so I can see where the venting comes from in the high level view.

I hope I explained that alright, if anyone has a solution or a work around, that would be great.

One idea I had that is not ideal is to copy/monitor the plumbing fixtures from the arch. then reselect the workplane for them above 7'. Very not preferrable.

Thanks!

Simply Parametric
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bnearl

I have not delved into this, but sometimes it is just easier to create a separate View to show the desired Architecture, hide the Architecture in the primary MEP View, and then overlay the two on top of each other on the Sheet. It may be a bit more work, but it should yield the results you are seeking. Scope Boxes will be invaluable for this process.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
bnearl
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Awesome Thanks for the quick reply Corey, that idea sounds solid and doesn't require too much work. I'm going to put that forward to the other guys when they get back from vacation.

Simply Parametric

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report