Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find or fix error ID's

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ceaves
1069 Views, 6 Replies

Can't find or fix error ID's

I've attached a copy of the errors and problems i'm having.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ceaves
in reply to: ceaves

I forgot to attach this info file.

Message 3 of 7
adam.jw

How about a quick explaination in the OP so we can get a better idea of what's going wrong first, before we start opening attachments?

That way when other people use Google or the forum search to find answers to a similar problem they'll be able to find it more easily in the future.

in reply to: adam.jw

I don't have much experience with Revit or forums and I don't know what you mean by "quick explaination in the OP".

Message 5 of 7
adam.jw

Summarize what you were trying to do, and what went wrong, in your original post (OP). That'll help people searching the forums find this post.

You can edit posts by clicking on the "options" link and selecting "edit"
in reply to: adam.jw

I can't find the "edit" under "options" so all I know to do is to reply to this.

When I try to load my family into the .rfa file I get errors that show element ID #'s. When I go back and open the .rfa file and search for the element ID #'s I get a window that says "The following Element ID #'s are invalid and won't be used: # #. I search for those ID's but can't find them anywhere.

Message 7 of 7
CoreyDaun

Many (but not all) of the Types defined by the Type Catalog create errors with the Family's constraints. Open the Family (or a copy of it) and manually enter the values of one of the erroneous Type (list attached) to see which dimensions/constraints are being broken. Note that I cannot guarantee that is it the same constraint that is being broken for all of the erroneous Types.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report