Revit MEP

Valued Contributor
RickGraham
Message 1 of 4 (211 Views)

Can Revit MEP do this and/or is anyone doing this?

211 Views, 3 Replies
11-18-2013 01:12 PM

Call me crazy, but I like to do as least amount of work to get something done right the first time. Wondering if Revit MEP can do this:

1. Bring in a piece of equipment, say a VAV box.
  2. The VAV Box family has Masterspec information embedded.
  3. Our firm puts our specifications on drawing sheets.
  4. Based from what families are present on the drawing and some sort of lookup and other voodoo, it determines the MasterSpec section(s) to bring into the project.
  5. Of course the specs will need to be modified/tweaked but we have the beginnings of a cohesive spec for what items are being used on the project.

That is my dream. Has anyone made this a reality? If so, I'd like to talk to you.

Rick

Rick

*Expert Elite*
abulla
Message 2 of 4 (203 Views)

Re: Can Revit MEP do this and/or is anyone doing this?

11-18-2013 01:52 PM in reply to: RickGraham
Ooh, intriguing. I seem to recall a vendor at Autodesk University selling software that claimed to do this, or some level of linking specs to the Revit model. That was 5 years ago though, I don't remember the name of the vendor. I get to go this year though, so I'll keep an eye out for something like this.
*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 3 of 4 (158 Views)

11-19-2013 11:31 AM in reply to: RickGraham

I think this is what E-specs for Revit does. Do a search for that product, and see their website for more information.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Contributor
smcgrady
Message 4 of 4 (124 Views)

11-21-2013 10:20 AM in reply to: RickGraham

Not sure if you did the search or not yet, but the answer is YES!  www.e-SPECS.com is the solution and has been available for almost 10 years for Revit (and AutoCAD).  Our number is +1-207-772-6135 and yes, I am with InterSpec, the developers of e-SPECS.  You can contact me directly for more info if you want at smcgrady@e-SPECS.com.

Although it is not quite VooDoo, it is pretty cool!  You can even view and markup the specs directly in Revit and even Navisworks!  Keynote coordination avialable as well...yet, I digress...

Seamus

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.