Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Revit MEP do this and/or is anyone doing this?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
RickGraham
714 Views, 7 Replies

Can Revit MEP do this and/or is anyone doing this?

Call me crazy, but I like to do as least amount of work to get something done right the first time. Wondering if Revit MEP can do this:

1. Bring in a piece of equipment, say a VAV box.
  2. The VAV Box family has Masterspec information embedded.
  3. Our firm puts our specifications on drawing sheets.
  4. Based from what families are present on the drawing and some sort of lookup and other voodoo, it determines the MasterSpec section(s) to bring into the project.
  5. Of course the specs will need to be modified/tweaked but we have the beginnings of a cohesive spec for what items are being used on the project.

That is my dream. Has anyone made this a reality? If so, I'd like to talk to you.

Rick

Rick

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
abulla
in reply to: RickGraham

Ooh, intriguing. I seem to recall a vendor at Autodesk University selling software that claimed to do this, or some level of linking specs to the Revit model. That was 5 years ago though, I don't remember the name of the vendor. I get to go this year though, so I'll keep an eye out for something like this.
Message 3 of 8
Alfredo_Medina

I think this is what E-specs for Revit does. Do a search for that product, and see their website for more information.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 8
smcgrady

Not sure if you did the search or not yet, but the answer is YES!  www.e-SPECS.com is the solution and has been available for almost 10 years for Revit (and AutoCAD).  Our number is +1-207-772-6135 and yes, I am with InterSpec, the developers of e-SPECS.  You can contact me directly for more info if you want at smcgrady@e-SPECS.com.

Although it is not quite VooDoo, it is pretty cool!  You can even view and markup the specs directly in Revit and even Navisworks!  Keynote coordination avialable as well...yet, I digress...

Seamus

Message 5 of 8
smcgrady

Great topic, Rick, and a question that has been asked for many many years and is still valid!

Check out  www.chalklineinc.com for the latest tool set for doing just that.  

Seamus

Message 6 of 8
smcgrady

YES!  Glad to hear your question and that you understand the value of that automation and coordination!

VisiSpecs is the first spec management tool that runs directly in Autodesk Revit where you can setup the links from your elements to the required specs and automatically include all required specs based on all the elements in your model.  It also flags which are elements without a link yet, docs that need to be inserted, and when elements are removed, flag the docs no longer needed!

Editing is in Microsoft Word with great value add features to save time.  Great user testimonials and case studies and Free Trials can be found at www.chalklineinc.com.

VSR_19_Insert.jpg

Seamus

Message 7 of 8
iainsavage
in reply to: smcgrady

Suggest that you stop bumping this old thread to advertise your product. That's not what this forum is for. 

Message 8 of 8
smcgrady
in reply to: iainsavage

I agree and did not see the thread and previous post before replying.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report