Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a VFD read the motor hp parameter of the equipment that it is serving?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
test_52
569 Views, 2 Replies

Can a VFD read the motor hp parameter of the equipment that it is serving?

In putting together my schedule for variable frequency drives, I was wondering if there was a way for the VFD family to pull the motor horsepower parameter from the equipment that it is serving. My VFD schedule calls out the VFD number, what piece of equipment it serves, the equipment motor horsepower and the VFD model number.

For example, if I have an air handling unit with a motor horsepower value as a shared parameter, can the VFD that serves the air hanlding unit display this in the VFD schedule without having to manually input it. That way, if the horsepower of the air handler changes, the VFD will update automatically.

Is there anyway to accomplish this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: test_52

I don't believe that Revit is intelligent enough to be able to do that. It would be great to be able to do the same kind of thing with disconnect switches, too.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: test_52

At this time, the VFD family can't really pull that type of information. You would have to add the parameter to the VFD and enter the information manually.

We understand that this may not be the preferred workflow, and if you would like this functionality to change, this link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group.

I encourage you to use the feedback link as our Development group is always interested and would like to hear your feedback directly, since you are better suited to state the business case for a feature request.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report