Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callout without the Border

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BCERBimMan
638 Views, 2 Replies

Callout without the Border

Good morning,

I have seen a few posts where the solution was to change the color of the callout line in the object styles to white. However if I was to hide all that would be a great solution but I only want certain ones to not be visible. I tried creating a filter that looks for the family and type (created a new callout type) and changed it to white and dotted, but it also changes the callout head and the leader line, both of which I want to be solid.

I just want the border invisible.

With that, is it possible to add an arrowhead to the leader of the callout?

Thanks.

Jason Peckovitch
BIM Manager | Mechanical CAD Design | Father | Car/Tech Guy
BCER Engineering Inc - Denver, CO
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BCERBimMan
in reply to: BCERBimMan

For some reason I didnt have the option to edit the post, so posting a reply. I have also tried going the other way. I have turned all callout borders to white and dots. Than I created a filter that looks for certain callouts and changes them back to what they should be. However, the overrides apply to the Callout Border, Callout Leader and Callout Head not just the callout border. *bangs head* I am starting to think what i want to accomplish isn't possible, especially in Revit 2013.

The attached image shows the callout without the border (globally changed) and the fatter one is the callout filter changing everything back.

Jason Peckovitch
BIM Manager | Mechanical CAD Design | Father | Car/Tech Guy
BCER Engineering Inc - Denver, CO
Message 3 of 3
alan.quinn
in reply to: BCERBimMan

Jason, It sounds like you want a call out without the call out box. Like any other annotation family you will be somewhat limited on customization but some of what you need should be possible.

I suggest you review the Wikihelp of 2013 at the below link: 

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2013/ENU/

Here's a cache version of editing call outs (Its 2010 but call outs have not changed)

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:INq5BkH4lg4J:docs.autodesk.com/REVIT/2010/ENU/R...

Hope this helps and thanks for posting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report