Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cables lenght

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
joao.laudares
513 Views, 6 Replies

Cables lenght

Is there any way to route electrical cables through cable trays in order to have a quantitative information not only about the cable lenghts but in order to allow a previous cable reel cut? This is something that we have in plant design systems like PDMS and I supose that REVIT may have something similar.

Thanks,

Joao Laudares

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: joao.laudares

Cable Tray is currently a "dumb model" and does not house or contain any electrical or cabling/wiring information. Revit is far behind when compared to most other programs, especially in the Electrical discipline. It is improving, though, albeit slowly. Below is a link that is frequently provided by Autodesk Support personnel in these forum; use that to submit feedback. Provide details and examples if possible.

Autodesk Product Support

The following link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
joao.laudares
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank you for Corey. I will post some explanations about our needs to the development group.

Regards,

Joao Laudares

Message 4 of 7
Samir_emam

Dear Sir

Kindly check Electrical Power Cable Add-ins from following links:-

Electric Power Cables

And pro product:-

Electric Power Cables Pro

Kindly check my You Tube channel videos which describe "Electric Power Cable Pro" Add-ins options through the following link:-

Electric Power Cables Add-ins videos

I wait your feedback.

Message 5 of 7
Samir_emam

Dear Sir

Kindly check Electrical Power Cable Add-ins from following links:-

Electric Power Cables

And pro product:-

Electric Power Cables Pro

Kindly check my You Tube channel videos which describe "Electric Power Cable Pro" Add-ins options through the following link:-

Electric Power Cables Add-ins videos

I wait your feedback.

Message 6 of 7
joao.laudares
in reply to: Samir_emam

A really impressive work, Samir. I will share the videos with the people that are in charge of the electrical infrastructure design here on our company. I will come back with the comments.

Best regards,

João Laudares

Message 7 of 7

Have you tried the wire length adjustment tool in Revit 2018?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report