Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Tray Hatch

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Ali1990
4231 Views, 8 Replies

Cable Tray Hatch

I have just started using revit(previously AutoCAD user), we are using the attached cable tray in AutoCAD im my office since we are going to do our projects in revit can any one please tell me how to assign colour and hatch pattern to cable tray.

Regards

Ali

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Ali1990

I don't believe that you can achieve a multi-layered hatch with Cable Tray in Revit, currently. One can create a View Filter for Cable Tray and FIttings to assign either the crosshatch and color OR the solid fill and a color, but not both. May I ask what these visual designations are for?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 9
Ali1990

Thanks mate for the quick response, we use this symbol for communications cable tray in AutoCAD.

Can you please tell me how would you assign cross hatch and color to it in reit cable tray please? I am new to this software if you could kindly tell me step by step how to achive this i would really appreciate.

Regads

Ali 

Message 4 of 9
Ali1990

If i can get the cross hatch pattern as attached(electrical cable tray done in revit by other consultants) in picture with hatch patterns to be red instead of pink that would do as well.
Regards

Message 5 of 9
CoreyDaun

In order to have Revit recognize these Cable Trays differently, I would recommend using the "Comments" field to input a designator. Select all of the Cable Tray and Cable Tray Fittings of this type, and under Properties, you'll be able to enter a value for all of the elements at once.

In order to create a new View Filter, go to a View with Cable Trays visible, and open Visibility/Graphics Overrides. Navigate to the "Filters" tab, click "Edit/New...", and then click on the "New" button below the Filters list. Name it appropriately (something like "Cable Trays") and select the Cable Tray and the Cable Tray Fittings Categories from the list. Under Filter Rules, set it up like "Filtered By: Comments", "Contains", and enter the designator text.

Now, back in the V/G Overrides under the Filters tab, click "Add" and select your Filter from the following list. You can now define an override for the surface pattern, which will affect all Cable Trays and Cable Tray Fittings.

***Note that if using Revit 2013 or a later version, your View settings may be controlled by a View Template, so you will have to add the Filter to the View Template instead. This is done in the exact same way, except start by going to View tab » View Templates ▼ Manage View Template. Select the appropriate View Template from the list and click the "Edit..." button next to "V/G Overrides Model".

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 9
Ali1990
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks a lot i worked it out, the only problem is this hatch pattern would only show in medium detail level when i change it to fine it changes back to default cable tray hatch how would i be able to keep the hatch patterns in fine detail level?
And how would you keep the hatch patterns as it is for other view such as 3D view because when you go to 3D view it changes back to default tray hatches.
Regards
Ali

Message 7 of 9
CoreyDaun

Ali1990 wrote:

"Thanks a lot i worked it out, the only problem is this hatch pattern would only show in medium detail level when i change it to fine it changes back to default cable tray hatch how would i be able to keep the hatch patterns in fine detail level?"

Switching the Detail Level between Medium and Fine should not affect the View Filter; it should work regardless of the Detail Level (except for Coarse, in which it would appear as a single line). I don't know what would be causing that to happen, but if you have to, you can force the Cable Tray and Cable Tray Fittings Categories to Medium Detail Level under V/G Overrides.

Ali1990 wrote:

"And how would you keep the hatch patterns as it is for other view such as 3D view because when you go to 3D view it changes back to default tray hatches."

You will have to open V/G Overrides in the 3D View and re-add that View Filter, and define the Surface Patter Override again.

Message 8 of 9
%4seasons%
in reply to: CoreyDaun

please see attached. You can only achieved this using shaded/consistent color display style.

Message 9 of 9
Ali1990

I got it, when you change the cable tray type to channel cable tray it is fine.

Thanks a lot mate for the help.

Regards

Ali

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report