Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable tray colour

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ajpharvey
4730 Views, 3 Replies

Cable tray colour

Is there any way to change the colour of cable tray types. E.g. say I have  a type for fire alarm that I would want to be red, or a type for power that would be green.

Many thanks

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
embolisim
in reply to: ajpharvey

You can do this with filters.

You can either make a different cable tray type for each service, or add  parameter that will allow you to define what service the tray is carrying.

Then you can make a filter (in visibility graphics) and set a colour fill override.

Message 3 of 4
ajpharvey
in reply to: embolisim

Just figured out the filters, thank you - a very poweful tool it looks like.

Message 4 of 4
gookeeper
in reply to: ajpharvey

Hi embolisim

If we create Cable tray type for each service, surely to getting the cable tray fitting the same color as the tray, we will need to also create cable tray fitting family for each service also, plus additional filters.

I guess once its created, it only needs to be done once, but is there a better way than this?

Ive also used identity data - service type in the properties panel and created my own types in there, but that isn't a great solution either, as the created systems don't get stored in there and i have to type it in every time.

Thanks

Guy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report