Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken View Filter

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CoreyDaun
320 Views, 2 Replies

Broken View Filter

In an effort to create a visual aid for Electrical Circuiting on a lighting plan, I created a couple of View Filters to color the lights based on Circuit Number. Nothing special.

FilterConfig1.JPG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

..And the filters are indeed set up on the View:

ViewFilters.JPG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, one of the filters is not doing it's job. These light fixtures are Tagged on the view:

FixtureCircuits1.JPG

Now, endless tweaking of the filter "Electrical Circuits 9&10" led me to believe that some glitch has occurred:

FilterConfig 2.JPG

And somehow the filter catches that light fixture now. Huh? As far as I know, 9 is not "Greater than or equal to" 28461.

FixtureCircuits2.JPG

Has anyone ever seen this behavior before? (And I apologize for the huge post!)

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dennis
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Yep, it isn't working at my house either.  I setup Fitlers just like you, and seems only the Circuit9&10 filter doesn't work.  It acts like it doesn't understand the number < 10 >.  But I did check for 11&12, which did work.  I did try Equals 9 only, which worked, and Equals 10 only, which worked.  The problem seems to be fixed into 2013 as well.  Also, not sure, but it seems to not work with certain light fixtures, particularly the Troffer Light.  My 2013 test had both the Troffer and Emergency lights, the Emergency lights work, the Troffer don't.

Message 3 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: dennis

I also found that if you set the 9&10 to "Greater than or equal to: 43874" (just like in the image in the original post) and move this filter to the top of the list, it now hits all of the light fixtures (or whatever electrical devices) except for circuits 1 and 11. There is some internal logic error occurring here.

RogueFilter.JPG

I thought this was just an error within our project - thanks for the research!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report