Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM Exchange

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cwwalder
485 Views, 2 Replies

BIM Exchange

Hey everybody, not really sure if this is a inventor or revit question, but since everything seems to look right in inventor I figured I would ask here. 

So anyways I am using 2013 inventor and revit. I am trying to use this BIM exchange in inventor and I am try to by creating a simple part/family with a couple of different sizes in a table. Everything looks good in inventor as far as the table having different size and when I activate one it changes the part. When I export I am going to tools, BIM exchange, hitting export and away she goes. There is only one export button and everything is pretty simple to understand. So inventor as far as I know, is good.

Now when I bring it into revit as the ASDK format from export with BIM exchange as I am getting is the model with whatever view happens to be active. I am not getting the table nor the parameters I set up for manually changing the family.

I have done some research and noticed that in previous verisons you needed to export the table in inventor after that model, but I am not seeing that option anywhere. 

So my question is, am I missing something and you can no longer export parametric parts from inventor to revit, or is there another set I am missing either in the inventor setup or the import into revit? 

I want to say thanks for any and all help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cwwalder
in reply to: cwwalder

Anybody?

Message 3 of 3
alan.quinn
in reply to: cwwalder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report