Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM Exchange Material Issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
schickl2
372 Views, 4 Replies

BIM Exchange Material Issue

Hello All,

I am using both Inventor Professional 2013 and Revit Architecture 2013. When I design a part in Inventor, I have no issues with getting the physical part to go into Revit using BIM exchange, but my set materials in Inventor do not tranfer. The object imports as a black and white solid object. Anyone else have this issue or know of any suggestions to fix it?

I attached an example of what I mean.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
schickl2
in reply to: schickl2

Anyone?

Message 3 of 5
CoreyDaun

You image shows that you have the View's Visual Style set to 'Hidden Line'. Try changing it to 'Shaded' or 'Realistic'.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 5
schickl2
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I had originally thought that may be the issue when I had first imported it, but none of the visual styles change the appearance either.

Message 5 of 5
CoreyDaun

I don't have Inventor to experiment, but I don't believe that there is a good translation between the two. To my understanding, most of the data from Inventor files is lost, as they are inserted as plain geometric object in Revit.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report