Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beveled Rectangular Taps

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
wcrane
2093 Views, 4 Replies

Beveled Rectangular Taps

Would like to add this to my library. Anyone have some hints on the structure of the stock taps? Id use those as a start point.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Martin__Schmid
in reply to: wcrane

The default takeoff is defined in the file: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Revit Systems\Imperial Library\Mechanical\Fittings\Rectangular Duct Takeoff.rfa.

You'll want to start with this family and start redefining the geometry to suit your requirements.

The reason you'd start with this family that it's settings (Settings Menu -> Family Category and Parameters) define how this family behaves.... whats up to you is do define the geometry... probably a solid blend between two rectangles.

HTH,
Martin Schmid
Autodesk Consulting

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
KyleB_Autodesk

I have a discussion about Beveled Rectangular Taps going on the AUGI forums, and I didn't want to shortchange all of you on the Autodesk forums, http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=68220.

.....I figured I'd post a version of this takeoff that I helped build when I was in support.

This one has all sorts of bells and whistles, as I got engrossed with fixing it one afternoon, and my trig hand was strong that day.

It adheres to SMACNA standards OOTB (Takeoff Length = 0.25 * Duct Width, 4" Minimum), but allows you to override both the length and the angle if desired, so this is really all that you need. To accomplish this, there are a bunch of nested IF statements that drive the dimensions, have fun going through it if you'd like.

I actually forgot about this family until I saw this thread, now it's time to get it into the product.

Cheers,
Kyle B

P.S. As this is not an officially released piece of content, it has not been through our QA process. Therefore I cannot gaurantee its behavior on all cases.

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Very cool! Thank you for sharing/help build that part. This will come in
very handy.

I was actualy thinking about my need for this part just the other day.

Thank you again.

Kyle B [Autodesk] wrote:
> I have a discussion about Beveled Rectangular Taps going on the AUGI forums, and I didn't want to shortchange all of you on the Autodesk forums, http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=68220.
>
> *********************
> ....I figured I'd post a version of this takeoff that I helped build when I was in support.
>
> This one has all sorts of bells and whistles, as I got engrossed with fixing it one afternoon, and my trig hand was strong that day.
>
> It adheres to SMACNA standards OOTB (Takeoff L
> ength = 0.25 * Duct Width, 4" Minimum), but allows you to override both the length and the angle if desired, so this is really all that you need. To accomplish this, there are a bunch of nested IF statements that drive the dimensions, have fun going through it if you'd like.
>
> I actually forgot about this family until I saw this thread, now it's time to get it into the product.
>
> Cheers,
> Kyle B
>
> P.S. As this is not an officially released piece of content, it has not been through o
> ur QA process. Therefore I cannot gaurantee its behavior on all cases.
> ******************
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Sorry about that, i was just trying out thunderbird. and i forgot to set
up my account; the previous was from me.

user@domain.invalid wrote:
> Very cool! Thank you for sharing/help build that part. This will come in
> very handy.
>
> I was actualy thinking about my need for this part just the other day.
>
> Thank you again.
>
> Kyle B [Autodesk] wrote:
>> I have a discussion about Beveled Rectangular Taps going on the AUGI forums, and I didn't want to shortchange all of you on the Autodesk forums, http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=68220.
>>
>> *********************
>> ....I figured I'd post a version of this takeoff that I helped build when I was in support.
>>
>> This one has all sorts of bells and whistles, as I got engrossed with fixing it one afternoon, and my trig hand was strong that day.
>>
>> It adheres to SMACNA standards OOTB (Takeoff L
>> ength = 0.25 * Duct Width, 4" Minimum), but allows you to override both the length and the angle if desired, so this is really all that you need. To accomplish this, there are a bunch of nested IF statements that drive the dimensions, have fun going through it if you'd like.
>>
>> I actually forgot about this family until I saw this thread, now it's time to get it into the product.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Kyle B
>>
>> P.S. As this is not an officially released piece of content, it has not been through o
>> ur QA process. Therefore I cannot gaurantee its behavior on all cases.
>> ******************

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report