Revit MEP

Active Contributor
onuswim
Message 1 of 2 (305 Views)

Below floor piping

305 Views, 1 Replies
09-07-2011 07:45 AM

I am showing piping below the floor and piping that is in the ceiling space on the same sheet.  I changed the view range and view depth so the piping below the floor still shows up.  I then modified the "beyond" line type to change the linestyle to how I wanted it.  However the problem I am having occurs when I change the view range to 0' the p-traps on piping below the floor no longer show up.  They still show up on piping that is in the ceiling space.

What is it that I need to change or modify?  Any help or suggestions is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Distinguished Mentor
Jrobker
Message 2 of 2 (293 Views)

Re: Below floor piping

09-07-2011 09:35 AM in reply to: onuswim

Plumbing.. Especially below floor plumbing are probably one of the most time consuming arduous tasks when modeling in revit. I completely understand your plight.

Force the (Background) view to be the view of the Archs so your view range depth will not effect it and change your depth.

The fitting has to be visible w/I you primary view range.

Is it necessary to even show a p-trap below grade (assuming it's below grade, since showing both)? I would just model the pipe as a trap.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.