Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic panel tags on receptacles

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mmermel
602 Views, 4 Replies

Automatic panel tags on receptacles

Now, I know I created my custom receptacles in RMEP2010, and I don't have Electrical Panel Tags built into my device.  Imagine my suprise when I created an instance in RMPE2011 and my receptacle automatically had a panel tag associated with it.

How the %)^*&(& do I turn that off!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
eric_grey
in reply to: mmermel

In the 2011 release, there is now a "Tag on Placement" button that is enabled by default.  If you turn it off, it will stay off for that session.

HTH,

Eric

Eric Grey
Software QA Analyst
Message 3 of 5
jmlarias
in reply to: mmermel

I'm having exactly the same problem. Cannot turn off those panel tags on the receptacles!!!!!

It has nothing to do with tagging again, it's a receptacle with all the distribution panel's information.

I'm using revit 2012

That happens after I select the panel for the receptacles circuit. All the receptacles suddenly get the panel tag

Message 4 of 5
jmlarias
in reply to: jmlarias

@jmlarias wrote:

I'm having exactly the same problem. Cannot turn off those panel tags on the receptacles!!!!!

It has nothing to do with tagging again, it's a receptacle with all the distribution panel's information.

I'm using revit 2012

That happens after I select the panel for the receptacles circuit. All the receptacles suddenly get the panel tag

I just erased them... oO

I would like somebody to tell me why the receptacles default tag is a Panel Tag.

Message 5 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: jmlarias

While you are placing a device, and before you actually place the element, "Tag on Placement" is displayed on the ribbon and by default, it's active (highlighted blue). Click on that button to deactivate it and it will stop.

Go to Annotate tab » Tag ▼ Loaded Tags. This is a mapping of the default tag to be used for each category. Here, you can change the default tag or just blank out the entry so that there is no default tag.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report