Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD into Revit?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
revitworkbench
624 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD into Revit?

Hi, I am trying to import a 3D AutoCAD .dwg model into my Revit model. When I do, it imports as what looks to me like wire framing, but I want to be able to see the surfaces for Coordination purposes. When I import, I get the error message: "Some ACIS objects could not be imported. To import them, use AutoCAD to convert them into polymesh objects and reimport." How do I figure out what exactly I lost in the import, or better yet what do I do to  import it perfectly with all objects and surfaces?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

3D object from DWG import should show surfaces just as Revit elements do. Also, I have read numerous times that importing the DWG into a Revit Family is the way to go, which allows it to be cut in Section Views. Try this method, and see if it helps.

If this doesn't work, can you attach the DWG file that you're trying to import? And also, what release of Revit are you using?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6

Is your view's graphic display set to Hidden Line or Shaded and not Wireframe? Anmarie
Message 4 of 6

yeah, I have tried changing the hidden, shaded, wireframe view in revit but none of them affect the appearance of the Wireframed CAD link...?

Message 5 of 6
revitworkbench
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Yes, I tried importing into a family but the same wire frame appeared. I have tried to attach the 2 files I am having the same problem with, but they are too large (2-3 MB) thanks.

-Mike

Message 6 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

If they are too large even if zipped up, email them to me and I'll take a look. I'll send you a Private Message with my email.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report