Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto increment

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
alatier
863 Views, 1 Reply

Auto increment

Is there a way to auto increment a tag in the same way you can in Autocad with lisp using the user1 to user4 variables to store the last value with the file?

I want to tag elements (assemblies) in a file, but the pipe marks automatically generated by revit doesnt work for me (i need to combine 2 or more pipe segments under 1 tag

It would be then even better if these tags could be extracted, sorted and counted as you can in autocad with eatte

Pete

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: alatier

You should take this question to the Revit API board, as this cannot be accomplished with Revit's baseline functionality. There very well may even be an Add-In out there that accomplishes this (or something similar) already, but I am not aware of one, off-hand.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report