Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATTDISP in DWG linked into Revit model

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
KathleenMcLeod
361 Views, 2 Replies

ATTDISP in DWG linked into Revit model

I have a furniture layout in DWG format that I need to link into Revit. 

In the DWG file I have used the ATTDISP command to turn all the attributes off however when I link the drawing into Revit they all appear again.

The way the drawing was set up means all the furniture and the attributes are on the same layer and every item is an indivudual block so I can't simply select all and delete. I can't find a way in Revit to hide the attributes, does anyone know of anything? I haven't been able to find anything similar in any of the forums.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: KathleenMcLeod

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

Revit does not possess such capability. You will have to place the undesirable attributes on a dedicated Layer in AutoCAD so that Layer can be turned off in Revit. You should be able to accomplish this without exploding the blocks through the use of the -ATTEDIT command. You could write a short repeating script or macro to accommodate for a large number of attributes.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
KathleenMcLeod
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi Corey, thanks for your reply.  I was afraid I'd find out Revit couldn't do it.

I started out on Revit then learnt AutoCAD so things like LISP routines and things are still a bit beyond me.  I can load and use them, but writing them I wouldn't know where to start. I'll see what I can find in the way of posts and tutarials on using the -attedit comand.

Thanks for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report