Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching ducting to a grill in a linked architectural file

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Engr4life
1486 Views, 4 Replies

Attaching ducting to a grill in a linked architectural file

I like the feature in Revit to attach ducting to existing structures while automatically creating the correct fittings and inheriting their properties such as size and elevation. However, when the object, such as a grill, is in the linked architectural file, I can't get the ducting tool to recognize the grill that has been placed by the architect. Is there a way to adjust the settings of the linked file such that this is possible?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Engr4life

No, elements in a linked model cannot be changed or manipulated from the host model. You will have to have a copy of the grille in your MEP Project. Look into the Copy/Monitor feature in Revit Help, as that may be the best way for you to maintain coordination with the architect's locations.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
Engr4life
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I've tried to copy monitor the grill into my model. Pictured below is the grill and the duct. They still won't connect

Capture.PNG

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Engr4life

There is no guarantee that the architect is using grille families that are properly set up for MEP use (i.e., may not have a Duct Connector). I would suggest visiting the intended manufacturer's website and seeing if they have Revit Families for download. You can employ "Type Mapping" (an expanded Copy/Monitor tool) to coordinate with the architectural grilles.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
Engr4life
in reply to: CoreyDaun

That is most likely the solution, thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report