Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

associated level

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
LynR
896 Views, 1 Reply

associated level

I am trying to make a 2nd floor power plan. The file from the architect has a "level 2" which is 4' below the floor. I want to associate my devices with the actual 2nd floor but this option is not available only "level 2" which puts my devices below the floor. How do I get the 2nd floor into the options. I have checked to see that it is copy/monitored, what else am I missing?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
richard
in reply to: LynR

I am not sure it this will help with you situation but when i have different floor elevations on the same level the first thing i would do is in the visability graphics, revit links select the coorisponding view on the architects plans.  Hopefully the architect has already set up the view to show the right areas.  If this is not an option, in your own view you can set up a plan region.  It can be found in the view menu, floor plans, plan region.  This lets you draw a border around a specific area which you can have a seperate view range.  This lets you see the lower (or higher) floor in one area while the rest of the level remains at its normal view.  If this sounds like the issue you are haveing  i recomend doing a quick YouTube search on Revit Plan Region.  There are several good quick examples on how to set them up and watching is better than trying to follow my text directions.

I hope this helps......good luck!

Richard B.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report