Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASHRAE TABLES inside revit!!! How can I use them?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
ruidavid
5556 Views, 14 Replies

ASHRAE TABLES inside revit!!! How can I use them?

Hello!

How can I use ashrae tables in revit? 

Where are they?

I n what can I Aplly them?

In ductwork for fittings pressure have told me about the ashare tables, how can I connect them into my schedullues?

I shall make ducts schedulles ir fittings schedulles?

Thanks

Rui

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

The Ashrae tables are stored in this location

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit MEP 2012\Program\ashrae.xml

They are applied to duct fittings through a parameter in the duct fitting family. You can schedule the pressure drop through a length of duct but not duct fittings or accessories. You cannot schedule the Ashrae fittings tables in a Revit schedule that I am aware of. If you want to check the Ashrae table applied to a fitting then you have to select thefitting and check its properties.

You can schedule the static pressure in a duct system.

Aside from the above information, I can't see what other help you need without speaking to Autodesk about why you can't schedule the Ashrae tables in Revit, etc.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 15

I have get the plug in ashrae viewer.

I think you would like to take a look.

Thanks a lot

Rui David

Message 4 of 15

Where is this plug-in available from?

Thank you!
Message 5 of 15
Jrobker
in reply to: julianjameson8403

It is from Autodesk Labs. The app is called ASHRAE VIEWER.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 6 of 15
julianjameson8403
in reply to: Jrobker

Couldn't see anything on their website for that. Does it depend on subscription or is has it moved?

Thank you!
Message 7 of 15

Hello!

take a look on this wevbsite:

http://bimboom.blogspot.com/2011/03/april-adn-plugin-of-month-ashrae-viewer.html

Best regards,

Rui

Message 8 of 15

Julian,

After you try the plug in can yiu give me the feed back about:

Is the air pressure calculated automatically for the entire duct ( includding al fittingsI with this plug in?;

or

Shall I visualize first the tables of plug in and input then pressure manually for each fitting?

Thanks rui

Message 9 of 15

Thanks for the link to the plug-in guys. Will look at it shortly.

Did try a search on the Labs website but no items were found - hence the further request for information.

Thank you!
Message 10 of 15

Hi everybody,

If I wanted to create a new coefficient table (TBL file) for use in a project, what software should I use to create the new TBL file ? Another question: is it normal for REVIT gives me a value of 0 for a loss of pressure for a fitting? So, I can not trust to REVIT for the results. An example: By an inspection of a small network of air duct, REVIT gives me static pressure loss as 7 inches. But calculated manually, I get to 0.5 inch. What is, in my opinion makes more sense. What's wrong ? I brought this issue to autodesk from my dealer and I am still waiting for an answer. Meanwhile, I have to do the pressure drop calculations manually. Which is very frustrating.

Message 11 of 15
LFMN
in reply to: ruidavid

Hello

I'm French and here we do not use many methods Ashrae.

I have a question about the coefficients K.

I need to do a family that has a valve with two reducer in the same family.

So I have 3 coefficients K.  I can do, addition them?

I feel that your factor K  ​​are the equivalent of our coefficients Z (zeta) but I'm not sure. And we can do addition with coefficients Z.

Thank you for your answers.

Message 12 of 15
rajen_i2005
in reply to: luchamel2047

Iam working pressure drop calculation in 2015 version, its good & i am getting almost the same as manual one.

please look into the fittings family and the values which is giving. 

Eg: for duct elbow u have soo many option like with/wihout vanes. so use the same(SR3-3) one as u r using in manual (SR3-3)calculation.

Message 13 of 15
sthedens
in reply to: ruidavid

Some of my duct fittings have no pressure loss value. When I try to check to see which ASHRAE table it is using, the table choices are blank. On the same System, I have the exact same fitting (different size) and it works fine. What can cause this and how can I correct it?

On this same System, the CFMs are totaling up from the Air Terminals to the Mechanical Equipment. However, some of the ducts are not tallying the CFM and are thus not calculating a pressure loss.

Message 14 of 15

The tables have set sizes they work for. If the size of the fitting is outside the range of the table then you don't get a pressure loss. Therefore you need to either chang ethe fitting type or interpolate the value and manually add it into the properties. 

Alternatively you could edit the xml file for the Ashrae fittings but that could cause you problems if you enter the information wrong.

Thank you!
Message 15 of 15
marco.defina
in reply to: sthedens

@Anonymous wrote:

Some of my duct fittings have no pressure loss value. When I try to check to see which ASHRAE table it is using, the table choices are blank. On the same System, I have the exact same fitting (different size) and it works fine. What can cause this and how can I correct it?

On this same System, the CFMs are totaling up from the Air Terminals to the Mechanical Equipment. However, some of the ducts are not tallying the CFM and are thus not calculating a pressure loss.

I have the same problem.

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report