Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrowhead Control

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Jrobker
358 Views, 3 Replies

Arrowhead Control

There needs to be more Arrowhead control with this already Sub-par program.
I am trying to create Existing Diffuser tags. I need them to print light because they are existing. The Tag works, but I cannot control the line weight of the leaders.
What determines the point of where the arrowhead points to a family? This seems to be midpoint or quadrant snap. Why cant we control this?
What determines the length of a leader when I add one to an annotation?
Don't get me wrong I like 14' leader lines.
What determines the point of which a leader connects to the annotation? This also seems to be a midpoint around a invisible boundary.
Does Revit have Down syndrome?
If it does than I apologize.

See attached file
"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Martin__Schmid
in reply to: Jrobker

Hi jrobker-

I noticed you had leaders to your air terminal tags even though the tags are directly adjacent to the terminals. Is this how you typically do this, or might you commonly not have a leader where the tag is so close to the object?

You can control the arrow loation if you change the tag from 'Attached End' to 'Free End'... these options show up on the options bar when the tag is selected.

You can control the weight of the leaders by chaning the
View Properties > Visibility Graphic Overrides > Annotatoin Categories > Air Terminal Tags > Projection/Surface Lines

You can halftone there as well, however, if you have some 'existing' and some 'new' tags where you want only the existing tags lighter, you can do this by selecting the tag, right click, Override Graphics in View > By Element, then checking Halftone.

Does this help?

MS

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
Jrobker

Martin it does help, every little bit helps.
The problem is when we use a free end tag and move it the leader no longer is associated with the direction of the text. It is locked in the original placement angel, unless we move it with the circular grip.
Also I cannot get the Projection/Surface Lines of the Air terminal tags to have any effect.
I'll have to keep playing with it.
Thanks
"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 4 of 4
simon.whitbread

Martin,

...existing tags lighter, you can do this by selecting the tag, right click, Override Graphics in View > By Element, then checking Halftone...

It would be more than 'just nice' if we could have the ability to apply filters to annotation objects - that would remove the necessity of checking each annotation prior to issue. Better still, annotation objects acquire the phase of the object they tag, you would still need some way of applying that to other objects.
I know there are other ways around it, and maybe jrobker could try having two views overlayed on the output sheet. - Existing view is then globally halftoned.
Bit of a workaround but two views - view template for 'new' and 'existing' applied to necessary views, removes some of the 'human error'

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report