Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architects room name and number - Unoccupied

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
WheelerCJ
6264 Views, 14 Replies

Architects room name and number - Unoccupied

Hi,

Ive linked in an Architects model to my MEP model, created spaces (based on their rooms) and for some reason the room name & number is showing as 'unoccupied'. I've checked the Architects model and the room name and number fileds are filled in. Room bounding is also selected in the MEP model.

Any ideas why this is showing as 'unoccupied'?

Thanks

MEP Model.JPGArch.JPG

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
CoreyDaun
in reply to: WheelerCJ

If the architect has a floor finish modeled as a separate Floor element, and Room Bounding is enabled for that Floor, then your Spaces may not read the Room data from the Linked Model. Open up the Linked Model and see if this is the case.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 15
WheelerCJ
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The problem was because the spaces in the Arch model were created on different phases (existing/proposed/new construction), Once I updated my template to show the same construction phase the 'unoccupied' rooms were filled with the correct room names and numbers.

Message 4 of 15
scott.r.kennedy
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi Corey,

I am having the same issue with MEP Spaces not detecting Room Name and Room Number - and the architects HAVE modelled floor finishes as separate floors (as you describe), and the phases are all the same.

So how do I fix the problem? What do the architects need to do so that the floor finishes are in their model, and I can see my spaces?

Do the architects need to create a whole new model just for floor finishes?

Thanks

Scott

Message 5 of 15

Found the solution - Floor finishes were checked with "Room Bounding" option.

Un-tick this.

Rooms got confused....

Message 6 of 15

i have a same problem but i did'nt understood the answer can you tell me what u have did by point wise

Message 7 of 15

When you select the space there is a diagonal cross. You have to move the centre of this cross off the wall and into the middle of the room. It doesn't move the space, just moves the "target" to where its looking for the room,
Message 8 of 15
janio2011

And how I can do this? I mean, to update the template to the same phase.

Message 9 of 15
robert2JCCH
in reply to: janio2011

robert2JCCH_0-1637344699116.png

You start with selecting linked models and using the Phase Mapping under the Edit Type button to match your project phases up to the linked model phases (if different).

robert2JCCH_1-1637344785190.png

Then you pick appropriate phasing and phase filter in the view properties you're working in.

Message 10 of 15
janio2011
in reply to: robert2JCCH

Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!!

Message 11 of 15

@janio2011 @robert2JCCH  Old thread but perhaps some new findings - I'm having the same issues and they seem to relate to Design Options in the linked architecture. The 3x screen grabs shows a Space that is 'finding' its room that is in the Main Model (non-optioned) Room when there is actually another room in a Primary Option in the same location. What I'm finding is that where there is only a Room on this Primary Option (i.e. no room in the Main Model in this location) we get the 'Unoccupied' error. Is this the same behaviour others are seeing?

Message 12 of 15

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-mep-forum/problem-creating-spaces-with-design-options/td-p/3399...

What you're experiencing is consistent with what others will run into, see (old) topic above.

AFAIK there has been no Autodesk progress on propagating MEP spaces into design options, perhaps someone else can chime in on that front.

Personally, if room programming can change significantly enough that the architect is carrying different design options for room layouts, I would keep that entire area an analytical space until given more concrete data to work with.

Message 13 of 15

Wow, nice to see that OP is only 14 years old - still without a solution? As a work-around you can obviously revert to a scripted/Dynamo solution. I knocked one up that does a simple comparison i.e. is my 'Unoccupied' Space location point inside a Room that has the same area (within tolerance) and level properties and if so, grab the Name+Number properties. This approach seems to fix the clean Design Options problem but unfortunately not all in my case where my Architect has a Room in the same location in both the Main Model and Design Option (Design Option conflict?)

Message 14 of 15

Hello guys, 

I had the same issue and the only thing that worked for me was just to turn the "Room Bounding" of the actual Rooms model on! ...yes, in my project we have a dedicated model containing only the rooms

georgios_fasouliotis_0-1681920691116.png

Of course you first need to turn the "Room Bounding" on for all the architectural and structural models that define the boundaries of the rooms. But no need to check the "Room Bounding" on for the MEP models. The MEP are irrelevant in this case

I hope this will help someone!

Message 15 of 15
TThomasVTHJW

Hey all, found a good solution for this. If you select the levels in your model you can change the "Computation Height" to above the floor finishes. This will fix your spaces that are being blocked by the floor finishes. This took me many years to figure out lol

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report