Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archi Link Model isn't displayed in MEP Revit

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
312 Views, 5 Replies

Archi Link Model isn't displayed in MEP Revit

Hi Everybody ,,  Good day to u ..

I am facing the problem that Revit Archi link model is inserted to Revit MEP in same version 2011 . After linking the Archi Model I only can see grid line and the whole model disappears .Smiley Sad I already set up the view range . nothing happen . Please help me to solve the problem . 

Cheer

Smile Smiley Happy

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

Good day. Are you able to see the Architect's Model in either an un-cropped Elevation View or a 3D View? The probable cause is that the Architect's Levels are at a different elevation than your model's. The proper method to working with a Architect's Linked Model is to first delete the initial Levels (both at the same time) from your model in an elevation View. Then link in the Architect's Model and use Copy/Monitor to bring their Levels into your Model. Using this method, you will be alerted to any changes that the architect makes to their Levels.
Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank You Sir for your reply .. I am able to see Archi Linked Model both 3D view & Elevation View but only unable to see in Plan View . I will try to solve my problem according your advice .  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6

Hi Corey

Careful with the guidance on deleting all levels in the MEPSmiley Wink 

If you have a template which has multiple views set up to help get started with their models which also have specific naming conventions applied then you will lose these and many additions to the database.

Another way to deal with it would be for the user to create an elevation view which is un-cropped and then move the levels to math the Architect's Level 0 and Level 1. Once these have been moved you can monitor these against the Architect's link and then Copy monitor the rest.

Neither way is right or wrong - just depends on how the company has set up the templates, etc.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 5 of 6

That's true, thanks Julian! I'm too used to my co-workers forgetting to Monitor the Levels, so I removed them from our Template so they can't forget.
Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 6

Know what you mean - just one of many things our co-workers forget to do which means we have to spend ages repairing the models! Smiley Frustrated

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report