Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arch template/MEP template

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Moe-Dog
343 Views, 1 Reply

Arch template/MEP template

We are combining our Arch template with the MEP template.  I know there are some pros and cons with doing this, but we have chosen to go with it and will deal with the cons as they come up.

I have a problem with line types and/or patterns.  Architectural would like to use the <beyond> line type as a solid pattern.  MEP would like to use the <beyond> line type as a dashed 1 pattern.

How can I change or add another line type or pattern of one template to another, then have the template read that new line type or pattern, but not affect the original line type for other disciplines?

We would like plumbing sanitary piping to read dashed 1 underground, and solid above ground. That is the way the MEP template works if the <beyond> line type is dashed 1.  However if the <beyond> is set to dashed 1, then everything on architectural drawings that use the <beyond> line type will be dashed 1 and not a solid line type.

I can't edit the pipes or piping system family because they are set by autodesk out of box settings.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Moe-Dog

Welcome to the Discussion Groups, Moe-Dog!

I believe that there'll have to be a compromise between Arch and MEP because the Line Pattern for "<Beyond>" can only have a single definition. Revit references this Line Style for a specific purpose as part of the program, meaning that you cannot define another instance of the "<Beyond>" Line Style to be referenced by selected Elements or Categories of Elements. The same goes for "<Overhead>".

There are possible work-arounds, but they're likely more trouble than they're worth. For instance, you could create a Shared Parameter (or use the Comments parameter) to enter a value to define the underground Pipe elements which can then be used in a View Filter to assign a specific Line Pattern to the denoted elements.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report