Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arch linked Model showing through ducts

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
charlv
3807 Views, 9 Replies

Arch linked Model showing through ducts

Hi, the lines of the linked architectural model is shown though my ducts and MEP equiment. Any way of changing the 'draworder' of the Arch linked model to the back so that my ducts etc. are not 'broken' by the Arch linked model? See attached screenshot.

Thanks

Charl

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Jrobker
in reply to: charlv

Annotations take precedence over visibility in Revit, they will even show under masking regions. So long story short..No.

Rather than using the linked annotations turn those off and create your own, so you can move them around.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 10
charlv
in reply to: Jrobker

HI,

Thanks for the reply but the objects in question that appear through my MEP duct are the halftone lines of the 3D walls from the linked Architectural Model. Any ideas how to get them to appear 'underneath' by ducts?

See my previous jpg...

Thanks

charl

Message 4 of 10
Jrobker

I see.

I thought you were talking about the USER ROOM 2 at the bottom.

See if toggling hardware acceleration works. There is no way to eliminate the walls from beneath. They will always show, but they shouldn't show on top of your elements.

This isn't normal behavior and stands out to me as a graphic issue.

Also is this a floor plan as apposed to an RCP plan?

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 5 of 10
Chris.Aquino

What you are seeing is actually normal behavior. It is how Revit MEP displays things from the Architectural Discipline when the View Discipline is set to Mechanical or Electrical. MEP will overlay the architectural stuff halftone and show the MEP stuff fulltone to make it stand out. This behavior is especially apparent in a 3D view.

If you would like this behavior to change, the following link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

I encourage you to use the feedback link as our Development group is always interested and would like to hear your feedback directly, since you are better suited to state the business case for a feature request. 

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 6 of 10
charlv
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Thanks will sumbit the new feature request.

Message 7 of 10
JColombe77

Are you saying that it is revit's design to show the chairs under my ducts in this jpeg?

Revit MEP 2012 did not work this way and it makes no sense to have it work this way!

Please tell me I have some type of problem and this is not the intent of revit.

In revit mep 2012 ducts would hide the arch model behind it.

Is this a grahic card issue?  I have revit build  20130531_2115(x64)
Update Release 3

With a QUADRO 2000 Card PLEASE HELP

Message 8 of 10
CoreyDaun
in reply to: JColombe77

If you are trying to mask the Architectural elements, you will have to change the View's Discipline to Coordination and then halftone the Architectural Categories*. Revit MEP 2012 did  have this behavior, too, as does 2013 and 2014. Personally, I would not want the MEP elements completely blocking out the architecture beneath it; say for instance that a wide Duct is running over a doorway - it could possibly conceal the fact that there is even a doorway there. This is a minor one, but I'm certain there are better examples to be had. As for the chairs, I don't see why one couldn't just outright turn off the Furniture Category if it becomes a problem.

*Edit: as a possible alternate method, you could instead just half-tone the entire Architectural/Structural links.

This image was taken from Revit MEP 2013.

GraphicBehavior.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 9 of 10
andrewPS7QP
in reply to: CoreyDaun

This was the solution I was looking for, I had my section as a Plumbing discipline, changed it to Coordinated and boom no more transparency issues.

Thanks mate!

Message 10 of 10
F_Roquim
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hey, my problem is the same, can you help me? I'm using revit 2023 now and the parking is showing through my lighting fixtures. I already changed the discipline to coordination and set the architectural category (which is parking) halftone. But it is still showing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report