Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation Symbol in Electrical Family

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
norcaljess
2292 Views, 9 Replies

Annotation Symbol in Electrical Family

I'm attaching my electrical switch family that I have created.  The reason why I have nested the plate & fixture box families separate is because we need each instance to show up in a schedule.  My problem is that I can't get the $ switch symbol to show up on my plan when I insert the family.  I've tried looking at other switch families where the $ symbol shows up but I must be missing a step.  Anyone know what that is?

Thanks,

Jess

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
CoreyDaun
in reply to: norcaljess

What template did you start with when you created this Family?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 10
norcaljess
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Smiley Frustrated I started with an Electrical Fixture template, the reason being, I have almost an identical family for Recepts that I created first, then used that to create this one.  Should I start over with another template?

Thanks,
Jess

Message 4 of 10
norcaljess

And as far as the template I used to create the Recept family, I started with a 'Generic Model face based' because I want the Recept & Switch families to cut holes in the walls that host them.

Message 5 of 10
CoreyDaun

No need to recreate, that should be OK. Open your Family and go to Family Category and Parameters. Check the option "Maintain Annotation Orientation" - that should fix it.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 10
norcaljess

Smiley Mad  AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Corey!!!!

Message 7 of 10
CoreyDaun

norcaljess wrote:

"Smiley Mad  AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Breathe...just breathe.  At least it was a simple answer this time, in lieu of the traditional 15-paragraph explanation/work-around!

Message 8 of 10
norcaljess

That's what makes me so mad!  I am overthinking things because that's what I normally have to do with Revit, and it was a stinking check box!  And one that I had considered checking to see if it would fix my problem!  BUT I decided it just couldn't be that simple and let it go.  Revit... teaching me a lesson again!

Message 9 of 10
CoreyDaun

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I really didn't think that would work, either...

Oh, well. All you can do is laugh - 'cause if we're not laughing, we're crying. Or throwing our computer across them room...

Message 10 of 10
norcaljess

Or... if you are one of the guys I work with... hurling verbal insults at Revit, as if it can understand you or has some personal vendetta against you.  Smiley Wink

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report