Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

annotation symbol flips from rcp to plan view

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Paul-s
1417 Views, 5 Replies

annotation symbol flips from rcp to plan view

Hello,

We normally place our ceiling mounted fire alarm devices on a rcp plan view...fig 1.

The annotation symbol flips in a regular floor plan view...fig 2.

Anybody know why and how to fix it?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
joeself
in reply to: Paul-s

Ceiling views look up!!  When you look down it will be opposite when viewed from above.

Bset guess.

Message 3 of 6
CoreyDaun

As joeself stated, it's because you're looking at it from the opposite direction. Typically, this is not a problem because the device is shown on a sheet once on either a Floor Plan or Ceiling Plan. Are you showing this symbol on multiple Sheets?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 6
Paul-s

Hi,

>Are you showing this symbol on multiple Sheets?

I just talked to the fire protection engineer in my office. He said he will just show

them in one plan (the "Floor" plan)...But he wants the rcp to show. He wants the

stairwells & rcp visible....I'm sure I'll be playing with "View Range".

Any quick tips?

Message 5 of 6
CoreyDaun

In order to show the ceiling grid on a Plan View, you will have to set Underlay to the same level, and set Underlay Orientation to "Reflected Ceiling Plan".

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 6
Paul-s

Sounds easy...Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report