Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error has occured while drawing the contents of this window.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
amorris3817
2314 Views, 3 Replies

An error has occured while drawing the contents of this window.

I am getting "An error has occured while drawing the contents of this window. This window shall be closed." Then the veiw will close. Sometimes I can continue to work by reopening the view, & sometimes when I hit "ok" it will then say "unrecoverable error has occured" & shut down the program. This seem to be view specific which makes me think it could be a content problem. If it is indeed a curupt family then how do I identify what the problem is. The problem keeps happening over & over to the point I can't get any work done in the affected views.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Try to recreate the view or from support

-From the Windows Control Panel, “Display”, “Advanced”, “Troubleshoot”, turn down “Hardware Acceleration”. By default it is probably set to “Full”, you can try moving it down half-way and then setting it to “None” if there is no improvement. I would also recommend restarting the machine for any changes to take effect.
-Depending on your Graphics Card, there may be additional Acceleration or 3D settings in the Control Panel or on the Windows Taskbar. I would recommend turning down any applicable settings, to see if there is a conflict with any additional card based acceleration.
-If the monitor is at a relatively high setting, does changing the Resolution [“Control Panel”, “Display”, “Settings”]
-Turn off Screen Font Smoothing, [“Control Panel”, “Display”, “Appearance”, “Effects”, un-check “Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts”.
-Lastly, is there error happening on all machines, or just a few of the machines? Do they all have the same graphics card?
Message 3 of 4
atjohnson
in reply to: amorris3817

if using Vista, get rid of the aero. this will save your video card a lot of work.
Message 4 of 4
jbcma27
in reply to: amorris3817

I've had the same error quite frequently over the last month or two. I'm using Revit 2015.  From what I understand, it's a graphics card issue, not a content issue.  I unchecked the "Use Hardware Acceleration" box in Options>Graphics, and yet it happened again.  I tried turning off ClearType fonts (I think that may be the equivalent in Windows 7 of font smoothing, which was mentioned in another response on this thread).  We'll see if that works.

I've also noticed it almost always happens within the first few minutes I open the program in the morning, and I don't think I've ever experienced it after the first hour or so.  When it happens, I close and restart Revit, and then it's fine.  I've never had it happen after restarting the program.  I'm not sure why.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report