Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All MEP items origins moved how do I fix it

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
peter57733
507 Views, 8 Replies

All MEP items origins moved how do I fix it

Hi,

I recently started using Reit MEP 2014 and I have received a model and architectural links. In my model when I link the architectural part to the model all of the lighting equipment, cable tray, conduits and hangers are all xx feet from where they actually belong (it is as if someone had actually moved everything on purpose). This is a rather large project and is there an easy way to get everything re aligned back to where it all belongs and still be correct with the central model? I know how far everything has moved because there are two sets of grid lines from which to measure.

Thanks,

Pete

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ASCunningham
in reply to: peter57733

Are you using "Origin to Origin" when inserting the new arch model. Using "Center to Center" could be giving you this problem.

Message 3 of 9
peter57733

I have been using orgin to orgin. and it still comes in wrong (I tried both ways) but the recomended way is orgin to orgin.

Anybody else want to take a crack at it?

Thanks,

Pete

Message 4 of 9
CoreyDaun

Was the Architectural Model linked into your Project before the elements were placed? If so, why is the Architectural Model being re-linked into your Project?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 9
ASCunningham

OK, give this a try. Go into the arch model and under VG look for the "site" category. Trun on the project base point and I think its the survey point. You should see a circle and triangle now show up on the floor plan somewhere. If you click on them it will give you corrdinates and elevations.

Go back into the mep model and turn on those settings under site and see if you can manually adjust your values to match the arch.

Message 6 of 9
peter57733
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Well we got the file from our subcontractor so I didn't have an actual path to the central model available so everything is local here in our office that's why the relinking process, as the old links were invalid.

Message 7 of 9
CoreyDaun

Give the suggestion from iam4phils a shot and see if you can detect a blatant discrepancy in the survey points.

I would suspect that it is possible that the subcontractor may not have placed the Architectural Link correctly. If it's not too late, can you attempt to use "Reload From" (under Manage Links) to redefine the path, rather than unlink and then relink it?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 8 of 9
peter57733
in reply to: ASCunningham

@iam4phils wrote:

OK, give this a try. Go into the arch model and under VG look for the "site" category. Trun on the project base point and I think its the survey point. You should see a circle and triangle now show up on the floor plan somewhere. If you click on them it will give you corrdinates and elevations.

Go back into the mep model and turn on those settings under site and see if you can manually adjust your values to match the arch.

Great advice!! I did what you said I wrote down all the coordinates and elevations then closed the model and went to our MEP project that I got from the Subcontractor (the un touched by me file) and opened it turned on the site in VG and project base point and couldn't see it so I went to manage links and the model couldn't find the architects model so (and I tried thins many times with no success) to browse to the file location where we have the architects model and it accepted the location??? Why I have no idea it never worked before well when I clicked apply and closed the manage links window everything was where it should be wow I am blown away.

Major KUDOS Dude thanks,

Pete

Message 9 of 9
peter57733
in reply to: CoreyDaun

@Anonymous wrote:

Give the suggestion from @ASCunningham a shot and see if you can detect a blatant discrepancy in the survey points.

I would suspect that it is possible that the subcontractor may not have placed the Architectural Link correctly. If it's not too late, can you attempt to use "Reload From" (under Manage Links) to redefine the path, rather than unlink and then relink it?

You know I tried to re-link from several times and no luck but for some reason today it worked I was using a file I had previously opened and saved but did nothing else (and you will not believe how many times I tried this and it didn't work) but for some reason it took the redirect to our file location and worked so not too late thank God!!! I was really stressing I am real new at this and just don't want failure on my first goround our office is just breaking into REVIT and I am sooo against the learning curve thank god they sent me to a basic MEP electrical class (I need more)

Thanks for all of your advice it helped

Pete

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report