Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aligning sections

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
rtredinnick
8303 Views, 8 Replies

Aligning sections

Revit MEP 2012… Can sections be aligned to objects / lines / families? I have a football shaped bulding similar to the splash screen with architectural angles to the 1000th degree... It would be nice to get a square on view of something.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

No aligned per se but if you cycle the heads and tails to just ticks or nothing, you can move and rotate sections using the "End points" of the sections so they can then be aligned to objects.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 9

That gets me close... The snaping to the end points doesn't appear to be 100% reliable, but I am a lot closer then ever before... Thank you...

Message 4 of 9
in reply to: rtredinnick

This is weak, that sort of alignment isn't enough for architectural program. This must be precise or your building will fall

Message 5 of 9
jsgalve

what we usually do here is we make reference plane and "pick line". Then we create a section to match the angle of the created reference plane. 

Pick Line.JPG

Message 6 of 9
Hugh_Compton
in reply to: jsgalve

I have tried this a couple of times but always come across snags.

Dynamo Attempt: https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/match-a-sectionview-alignment-to-a-model-line/6742 

.net Attempt: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-api-forum/anchor-section-lines-to-objects/m-p/5994602?nobounce=...

The .net looked promising BUT it would often miss events and thus some sections didn't remain aligned.

We could really do with sections that can be locked to elements. 

Message 7 of 9
scott_dakin2

Draw your section straight then use rotate with the angled object as the base point, start your rotation with the angle straight then click on a line on the object. This matches the angle of the section to the angle of the object.

You can also use the angular dimension and then rotate by that angle.

Message 8 of 9
deshmukhnavid

Draw the reference plane to required angle and then pick the start and end points of reference plane while drawing the section.

Message 9 of 9

I understand that aligning Sections to objects became available in Revit 2019.1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report