Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjusting the View Range for a 3d view?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mdhutchinson
5517 Views, 4 Replies

Adjusting the View Range for a 3d view?

I am... yes,... learning Revit MEP somewhat by the 'seat of my pants'...

With a 3d view set current... you can right click over the view cube and do 'Orient to View'... then select an existing 'Plan' view that has the View Range you want to use.

I've tried draging 'Section Box' grips... but this seems combersome.

Is there another way to do this... or perhaps any tips you might suggest?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

You've got it right.  If your model is really large, dragging he section box grips can be really tough.  If I am looking to create a small 3D model of, say a restroom, I will create a section, adjust the sections limits to show what I want, then use Orient to View > Sections > "appropriate section".  This has worked the best for me.

Yay I'm talking about Revit and stuff
Message 3 of 5

You can also open a plan view which would be contained within the 3D view and right click on the 3D view in the Project Browser. This will bring up a menu where you can select Show section box, provided that the section box option is checked in the 3D view. When you select this option you will see an outline of the section box in plan and you can adjust the grips quicker than in the 3D view.

You can also move and rotate the section box in this view.

The above also applies to section and elevation views.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 4 of 5

Will it orient the 3D view based on the floor view range or the floor actual elevation height?

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: azudin_honeywell

Yes.  It will clip adjust the section box to match, or very closed to, the view you pick from the list.

Capture.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report