Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjacent to Conditioned Space options

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
revitworkbench
431 Views, 4 Replies

Adjacent to Conditioned Space options

Hello, I have a downtown building that shares 2 walls with adjoining buildings, otherwise known as adjacent to conditioned spaces. Does revit have an option where I can distiguish this characteristic so my heating and cooling loads are more accurate? If not, I am open to work arounds. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

Sorry for the late response, but could you generically model those adjacent Spaces? I'm not fluent with the calc. methods, so I can't help with specifics.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
ajax05k

Select the space-> go to properties pallet-> Energy Analysis->

In that you can select what type of the space is it, is it Unconditional, Heated, Cooled etc. and select the material of the shared wall.

Can you post a image...............
You do your Heatload calculation using revit??Smiley Frustrated

Ajay K. HVAC Designer, BIM Modeler
Message 4 of 5
revitworkbench
in reply to: ajax05k

I can select what type of space it is, but it is kind of an all or nothing choice. You cant choose the wall type on a case by case basis like you suggest. If I am missing something please be more specific. As for the heat calcs in Revit, Blaahh! Yeah I know, but Im just trying to sort it out, see if I cant jimmy up a work around. I cant help but tinker under the hood... Thanks again.

Message 5 of 5
ajax05k

S as you said we cant choose the wall type on a case by case, but if these issues are only in smaller number then we can duplicate those shared walls in edit type and the change its characteristics to achieve the desired result.[ this may be a lot of work]

And if u find a way to efficiently use the heat load calcs of revit, do post here...thanx
Ajay K. HVAC Designer, BIM Modeler

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report