Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADDING SLOPED PIPE FROM THE END OF ANOTHER PIPE.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
pverduzco
545 Views, 7 Replies

ADDING SLOPED PIPE FROM THE END OF ANOTHER PIPE.

When clicking on a sloped pipe then right click add pipe, the new section does not begin from the end point of the previously selected POINT. It sometimes starts higher. Why is this? Also I cant select the level I need to begin the new section of pipe. The levels in property is grayed out. Its very frustrating, just wondered if anyone is also having this problem?. Also sometimes fitting dont land the pipe that I want to place on.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: pverduzco

After some testing, I could not reproduce the behavior you are seeing.

When you right-click, I would make sure you are right-clicking the connector, then select Draw Pipe.

Here is a video:

http://screencast.com/t/vcflMlUjXV

The issue with the Level graying out is most likely due to the Revit "guessing" where the pipe should go so it pulls the level from the view.

One thing you may want to try is right-clicking the connector, the hitting the Space Bar, then drawing your pipe as needed. Does it still draw above the pipe?

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 8
Jrobker
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Chris, your first pipe isn't sloped, it's just modeled on a z angle. What he is saying is if you model a pipe on a slope (using the slope tool) and than draw pipe from the end connector you'll get this issue.

pverduzco  the reason is because, when you select the (+) to draw pipe, it completely redraws the length of pipe and even the last fitting at the end of that pipe. Revit is trying to determine where that pipe would end up in Z depending on your slope % if redrawn. Revit still struggles with sloped piping issues, it's just one of those budget killing features.

The reason your level is greyed out is because your connecting to a pipe that already contains that information, your just adding to it.

Im not sure what you mean by this-->"Also sometimes fitting don't land the pipe that I want to place on".

Are you saying you're placing the fittings in your model from your project browser?

Are you assigning the fittings to your pipe types?

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 4 of 8
pverduzco

THESE ARE SOME EXAMPELS OF THE ISSUES. SEE ATTACHED

THANKS

Message 5 of 8
Jrobker
in reply to: pverduzco

I see.

Have you tried hitting the space bar after you select "draw pipe"? This inherits the end pipe parameter information and applies it to the pipe to be modeled.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 6 of 8
pverduzco
in reply to: Jrobker

THE FITTINGS DONT ATTACH TO THE PIPE. THEY END UP AT AN UNKNOWN ELEVATION.  THIS OCCURS SOMETIMES. THATS THE FRUSTRATING THING. I JUST TRIED IT OUT AND IT WORKED FINE. BUT THE OTHER ISSUE ABOUT SLOPED PIPE NOT STARTING FROM THE ENDPOINT OF ANOTHER IS REALLY FRUSTRAITING.I THINK YOUR RIGHT ITS A GLITCH THAT HAS TO BE WORKED OUT.  (@ REVITEERS)

THANKS

Message 7 of 8
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: Jrobker

Jrobker, good catch, but I still do not get the error even with sloped pipe tool.

pverduzco - can you post a small sample file?

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 8 of 8
Jrobker

You mentioned that it works on non-sloped pipe. Are you talking about sloping a different pipe type that uses different fittings. I would almost bet if that's the case, than it's the fittings assigned to your sloped pipe type. Try changing the elbow fitting to something else and see if the problem persist.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report